Baseball legend

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We had a concert today about baseball and one of the 'artists' was the Hall Of Fame inductee Dave Winfield. He was narrating a couple of things. A real sweet person, down to earth and very warm. He signed a photo of him I 'just' happened to have with me. ;)

Dave-Winfield03web.jpg

Just another lucky day at work...

Unfortunately, his name means nothing to me. The only baseball players I could name are Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds and Derek Jeter (sp?). Having only been to two games in my life and both of them being BlueJays games, the reason for this perhaps becomes clearer.

>;o))

Unfortunately, his name means nothing to me. The only baseball players I could name are Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds and Derek Jeter (sp?). Having only been to two games in my life and both of them being BlueJays games, the reason for this perhaps becomes clearer.

>;o))

Dave Winfield try this link you will see he had a big career. From the link:
"Winfield was Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter's favorite player." I was once at the San Diego Zoo looking at one of the enclosures and I turned around to leave and Dave Winfield was standing right behind me. I agree, a nice guy.

>;o))

He won the Championship game against Atlanta in 1992 when he played for the Blue Jays.

Ah well that's where I went wrong you see. I saw one game in 1986 (against who I've no idea, but in the old stadium) and another in 2004 (against the Yankees in the Skydome).

>;o))

Good link by the way, though I must admit, the stats go right over my head, though I can comfortably follow a game and understand what's going one.

>;o))

Most reactions

New Topics

Back