Basic question about the Nikon D3500

Survivalguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone

I was given a Nikon D3500 and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it has an option to auto shut off after a set time on inactivity. I keep forgetting to turn off the camera after downloading pictures. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone

I was given a Nikon D3500 and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it has an option to auto shut off after a set time on inactivity. I keep forgetting to turn off the camera after downloading pictures. Thanks in advance.
Hello!

Even if you run the battery down, just recharge it. None of the firmware, saved images, or settings will disappear due to low battery.

The most harm will be to the battery itself, as it's not good practice to run the battery down to zero before recharging.

Thank you both very much for the answers. Greatly appreciated.

My experience with dSLRs is that the battery will last a long time, in use.
When I shoot, I usually don't bother to turn off the camera much. I can shoot all weekend and Monday with my D7200, on a single charge. In fact, in three years, I have NEVER used my spare battery. But, I don't chimp the shot a LOT, nor using the flash, so I am not using a lot of battery power.

If you always forget to turn off the camera, make a procedure checklist, with one of the last items,
Turn OFF the camera.​

I use a card reader to get the pics off the SD card, so I don't use the camera to download to the computer.

When I shoot an event, my standard procedure is to recharge the battery after the shoot.
Turn the camera OFF, remove the battery, charge the battery, replace the battery, put the camera away.

Hello everyone

Welcome to my favorite hobby. I've done the same thing from time to time. No harm done. After a set period of time which is usually a default like 1 min or so, the camera goes into sleep mode and will reactivate when you 1/2 press the shutter release.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back