What's new

Basilica of St Josephat, Milwaukee

Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,198
Location
Orland Park, IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This set completes the photographs that I captured during my three day trip to Wisconsin! The trip included visits to 7 architectural sites. Click here if you wish to view the images from the other 6 locations.

This final location is the Basilica of St Josephat. I wasn't sure what to expect when I entered this historic site. This was third basilica in the United States. I was stunned at the magnitude of the dome. I later learned that upon completion, this dome was the largest of any building in the nation with the exception of the United States Capitol building in Washington, DC!

Here are some of my favorites from my visit:

1
p2651863204-5.jpg


2
p2651862931-5.jpg


3
p2651862929-5.jpg


4
p2651863196-5.jpg


5
p2651863321-5.jpg


6
p2651862927-5.jpg


7
p2651862928-5.jpg


8
p2651863237-5.jpg


9
p2651863388-5.jpg


10
p2651862926-5.jpg


11- Lower Church (in basement below main church)
p2651863437-5.jpg


All images captured with the Nikon D850. The more I shoot with the D850, the more I like it.

Thanks for looking...
Glenn
 
Wow, just Wow. That's all I got.
 
you must have a really good camera.
 
BIGLY AWESOME!!!
Thanks!
I'd say you saved the best for last, but honestly every set you have posted is wonderful and I would have a hard time saying which I liked best.
Thanks Dean...and thanks for following through my trip of Wisconsin architecture photos.

Glenn
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom