What's new

Bass Guitar and Amplifier

LittleGreenie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Glasgow
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just got my camera today by the post, and after spending about five hours at Starbucks taking photos of my mug to get used to fiddling about with the settings, I finally started taking actual pictures (well, more like trying to take actual pictures). Since none of my flatmates felt like cooperating, here's a picture of my easy-going model, my Höfner bass guitar, and the amp that goes with it.
To be perfectly honest with you, I wasn't really trying to achieve anything here, I just made an attempt at respecting the "thirds rule" for composition, and as a result completely forgot about the settings. These are in my opinion the best shots I've achieved today, so I'd really appreciate it if you gave me a little feedback. I can take any critique, don't feel like you have to sugarcoat it.
Bass guitar (versions 1 and 2):
$tumblr_mdnf5ruGwp1rlrbw0o1_1280.webp$Bass 1.webp

Amplifier (versions 1 and 2):
$Amplifier - Version 2.webp$Amplifier.webp
I left it switched on because I thought the blue light would be nice, but it's actually just annoying.
 
Welcome to the world of photography. A good start, you didn't mess anything up, ha! I would say to look for what is most interesting in a subject and shoot it. For instance, when I look at the amp, the thing that looks interesting to me is the dials. That's not to say that there aren't other things that are interesting in there...interesting can be a reflection, an object, a shape, a pattern, a perspective, an empty space, or anything. Second thing I would say is think about depth of field. What is sharp is where the eye will go. If everything is sharp then the eye doesn't know what to do.
 
I think I see what you mean... For the bass, I should have focused on the body and left the case a bit blurry, and for the amp, focused on the first few dials and the first chord? I liked the grid-thingy over the speaker, but I guess it would have been visible anyway.
 
I really like these the color version more so than the black and white. You already have a great eye for framing. Welcome to the board and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
 
Thanks for that ;) I also prefer the colour version of the bass, but I have to admit I prefer the sepia version of the amp because of that blue light. I'll keep that in mind next time I shoot an amp.
 
Nice bass !
Girls with basses are (l) !!

The amp is better without the light. The bass I prefer in colour.

Keep on shooting.
 
Nice bass !
Girls with basses are (l) !!

The amp is better without the light. The bass I prefer in colour.

Keep on shooting.

Thanks! Basses are the best in any context anyway *unknown/unloved instrument pride*.

i too like the colors of both :D
Welcome :D

Thanks! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom