Bateleur Eagle (Terathopius ecaudatus)

BioLogic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband (Sabbath999) and I went to the St. Louis Zoo yesterday, and I decided to post a few of my shots. I am the "other" photographer for our website "www.zoopictures.net".

I was shooting our Tamron 70-300 LD DI lens for a change of pace from my usual 18-200 VR, since we have over 1,000 pictures of this zoo online already I was just looking to enjoy the warm February day out and play with a different setup.

The weather was warm but it was extremely cloudy and dark.

EXIF: D80, 70-300 Tamron, 1/320s f/5.6 ISO800 300mm (35mm eq:450mm)

beagle2.jpg

Very cool looking bird. Great shot.

Heyyy, welcome to TPF!!

Love this pic...soooo many subtle shades of colour in its beak area. And you got such nice detail of the black on black feathers. I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

That's an amazing picture! I'm very impressed with the sharp details and different black tones you got.

Is this the usual image quality you get with the Tamron 70-300 at 300mm? Do you often find it usable at this focal lenght in low light conditions?

That's an amazing picture! I'm very impressed with the sharp details and different black tones you got.

Is this the usual image quality you get with the Tamron 70-300 at 300mm? Do you often find it usable at this focal lenght in low light conditions?

FROM BIOLOGIC:

This was the first day I've used this lens extensively. What I can tell you is that I had a lot more soft shots than I'm used to on cloudy days (I usually use the Nikon 18-200 VR). The forecast called for sun; if we'd have known I'd have been using a faster lens and Sabbath wouldn't have been trying a point and shoot.

Last edited:
FROM BIOLOGIC:

This was the first day I've used this lens extensively. What I can tell you is that I had a lot more soft shots than I'm used to on cloudy days (I usually use the Nikon 18-200 VR). The forecast called for sun; if we'd have known I'd have been using a faster lens and Sabbath wouldn't have been trying a point and shoot.

Thanks for your info. I'm currently considering purchasing a tele zoom (something in the 70-200 or 70-300mm range) but I still can't decide which one and specially if it should have image stabilisation or not. I would like to be able to use it in low light conditions so I guess I should be looking at stabilised lenses.

Anyway, that photo is amazing, specially in not so favourable light conditions!

Most reactions

Back