Battaash (horse)

Al-Wazeer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it's called Battaash or al-abtash, i don't remember, but it means the furious , his origin is arabian, but was birthed in UK.

3430015312_70b4df8d31_b.jpg

what do you think??

Was this and HDR? if so I am not digging the HDR or tonemap on this it make it look like the horse was cut out and pasted in the background.
As well there seems to be a bit of a halo on the horse.
As well the background, it looks like this was shot in a junk yard.

Was this and HDR? if so I am not digging the HDR or tonemap on this it make it look like the horse was cut out and pasted in the background.
As well there seems to be a bit of a halo on the horse.
As well the background, it looks like this was shot in a junk yard.
Not an HDR, highlight and contrast only and some cloning in the BG

it was ALMOST a junk yard

didn't understand what you mean with "halo on the horse"?
thank you for commenting :)

the backdrop is really great...an unexpected twist in a horse photo. I think if there was "mechanical" junk in the back it wouldn't be fitting, but this works out just fine. I think speedtrap meant the basic outline of the horse is so sharp that it seems to "glow" on top of the background. maybe soften the photo overall to merge everything together nicely? I definately like the way you contrasted this pic, the horse's glossy grays and browns balance out the strong change between its own tones and the background's.

don't know if that made sense but overall..this looks great. If I were to suggest one more thing it'd be too try some off center cropping...this could really be your "signature" work if you toyed with the composition.

the backdrop is really great...an unexpected twist in a horse photo. I think if there was "mechanical" junk in the back it wouldn't be fitting, but this works out just fine. I think speedtrap meant the basic outline of the horse is so sharp that it seems to "glow" on top of the background. maybe soften the photo overall to merge everything together nicely? I definately like the way you contrasted this pic, the horse's glossy grays and browns balance out the strong change between its own tones and the background's.

don't know if that made sense but overall..this looks great. If I were to suggest one more thing it'd be too try some off center cropping...this could really be your "signature" work if you toyed with the composition.
thanks for the comment!
about the glowing, i always have this effect because of over-processing i think :p, i need to reduce processing :p

about centering the horse i had to, because the owner was at the right and a boat in the left, so unfortunately centering was a must :(

i gave this one a shot. for the halo (bright edges around the horse) take the burn tool set to highlights on about 10-15% 0hardness, and go all the way around the horse till there are no white lines. the blur tool on about 15% and soften the edges a bit. I used burn shadows on the background to even out the lighting a touch. and i magic wand selected the sky and made it blue instead of white. just dodge the lower part of the sky to lighten it a touch. maybe this isn't the look you were going for though, so don't worry about it. Beautiful horse.

Al-Wazeercopy.jpg

i gave this one a shot. for the halo (bright edges around the horse) take the burn tool set to highlights on about 10-15% 0hardness, and go all the way around the horse till there are no white lines. the blur tool on about 15% and soften the edges a bit. I used burn shadows on the background to even out the lighting a touch. and i magic wand selected the sky and made it blue instead of white. just dodge the lower part of the sky to lighten it a touch. maybe this isn't the look you were going for though, so don't worry about it. Beautiful horse.

Al-Wazeercopy.jpg
you've done great job with the burning and blurring, but the sky isn't really good, it's fake, but the burning did take the glowing away!

anyways thanks for commenting and taking some of your time to edit the photo!

yeah, i didn't spend much time on the sky. it would probably be better if it were lighter. you could play around with that. but it's an option instead of a blown white sky.

good contrasts. too bad background was not good enough.

once again, the background was definately "good enough"...classic ranch settings are too pish-posh...In regards to your centering problem...makes much sense, so great job on the photo.

Looks like someone was having problems loading him eh?

That's what it looks like to me was going on, as someone who owns thoroughbreds I've seen that pose many times.... ;) And judging by the hoof prints on the ground around him.

once again, the background was definately "good enough"...classic ranch settings are too pish-posh...In regards to your centering problem...makes much sense, so great job on the photo.

thanks a lot jamagica!!

Looks like someone was having problems loading him eh?

That's what it looks like to me was going on, as someone who owns thoroughbreds I've seen that pose many times.... ;) And judging by the hoof prints on the ground around him.

No! he was really REALLY calm, but he decided to eat dead plants, so the owner wanted to take it out of his mouth but the horse was refusing to leave the plant, so that explains hoof prints. and he didn't want to ride him because it had some injection in the legs and the Veterinarian adviced him to let the horse rest couple of days

thanks for the comment!!

Most reactions

Back