battered angel

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i'm kinda on the fence with this one...but here's another from yesterday's walk.

54889466-O.jpg

thank for looking.

this is a perfect jon michelangelo....

your on the fence?? how can you not love the heck outta this???

its perfect... actually, i want this on my grave, i think....ofcourse, as much as i have stated i want on my grave, i'll have to be buried in a piano case or on twenty acres....which ever is cheaper...

yea....im gonna like this one anyway cuz of the subject matter. However its awsome :thumbup:

I understand you be on the fence with this, IMO the sky is way over board, have you tried a 4x5 format crop (off the top), I think that would help a lot:thumbup:

Jeff Canes said:
I understand you be on the fence with this, IMO the sky is way over board, have you tried a 4x5 format crop (off the top), I think that would help a lot:thumbup:

that's exactly what i was going to do, but someone advised me not to. ;)

JonMikal said:
that's exactly what i was going to do, but someone advised me not to. ;)

that's b/c I completely disagree... the sky adds to the photo in my opinion. it adds to the mood and makes me feel some movement in the photo! but that's just me. :angel:

i dont agree about the crop...the whole focal of the pic to me is not necessarily the angel.... where does an angel go eventually...is the sky not really the whole concept of heaven....hense the sky works in this...

the trees represent struggles the angel has to go thru to finish her job...
and the fact they are overhanging her, and crowding her, makes this whole thing work, with the tremulous sky over head.. casting an eerie glow of indecision, and her having already fought a hard won battle...

if you crop it... its just a stone angel ..with her leg hanging out of her dress...

aprilraven said:
this is a perfect jon michelangelo....
your on the fence?? how can you not love the heck outta this???

Calliope said:
that's b/c I completely disagree... the sky adds to the photo in my opinion. it adds to the mood and makes me feel some movement in the photo! but that's just me. :angel:

Hate to be a lemming ... but ^^ ^^^^^^^

what they said ........

It's great!!!

aprilraven said:
i dont agree about the crop...the whole focal of the pic to me is not necessarily the angel.... where does an angel go eventually...is the sky not really the whole concept of heaven....hense the sky works in this...

and the fact they are overhanging her, and crowding her, makes this whole thing work, with the tremulous sky over head.. casting an eerie glow of indecision, and her having already fought a hard won battle...

if you crop it... its just a stone angel ..with her leg hanging out of her dress...

:hail:

aprilraven said:

yeah, what she said! :blushing: She's better at wording it than me!

aprilraven said:

yeah, thats what i was thinking too :lmao:

thanks everyone :)

I don't mind the sky in this but the amount of tree in it has me joining you on the fence this time around. I really like it compositionally otherwise and I do think the sky adds to it but I think there may just be a little too much tree.

just my $0.02 :mrgreen:

I'm on the fence with you. Unless of course, you've changed your mind. Then I guess...I'm there by myself. I like the sky. But like Jen says, maybe just a tad too much tree. Maybe just crop like 1/2 or 3/4 inch off of the top, not any more.

What I think might help, is to just make the blacks a little blacker. With levels not contrast. It'll help add some texture to the sky and there won't be as much inner detail in the tree. The branch ends will still have their color, but the black will help bring out the statue.

That's my $.02....you can give me back my change later :mrgreen:

this is a cool shot jm...my opinion? take it BW all the way...the colour in it is giving me a feeling of solarisation(sabbatier?) gone wrong. I think the coloured portions are detracting from a great image.
I pulled it into PS and converted it and it looked great to me. :D

Most reactions

Back