Battery Question

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have a question that some of you may call nitpicking. I have gone from 2 AA batteries in my point and shoot to the nice, fancy batter in the D-50. I know how long the point and shoot lasted (a day if I was lucky) and I know how long THEY say the battery in the D-50 lasted. However, I was hoping for some real life answers to this. How long can you run this battery? Would it be smart to throw it on the charger each night and take it off the next morning? Would that be charging it too much?

I know it's obvious but, it depends how much you shoot and under what conditions. Mine has lasted a whole week on holiday, where exposures were short, shooting on JPEG, not reviewing particularly often, but it can go in a few hours if you do long exposures, leave the noise reduction on, review a lot etc.

The battery on my D70s recently lasted over 900 shots (not sure if this is the same as the D50, mine is a EN-EL3a). That is with plenty of reviewing and some longer exposures. The only problem with this is sometimes you forget to charge it. That is why I have an extra. You can pretty much forget about your P&S battery experience, the DSLR batteries are in a different world.

I would agree. I have the D-50 and have taken around 50-100 pictures and never noticed the battery indicator move. Only thing to watch out for is leaving it plugged into the computer. That will drain the battery in a hurry.

I left it plugged into the computer yesterday and the batter indicator was down to one bar. So I charged it last night.

That gives me a pretty good indication of how long it should last under different situations. Thanks. I was so used to charging every night and having 2-3 sets ready and charged that I was going to do the same for this camera. I guess I dont have to:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back