Battery questions.

Kerri Rae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This long weekend, in spite of the fact that I changed just about every setting I could on my xti to save power, I (of course) ran my battery dead long before the weekend ended. I've decided to get a secondary battery and had some questions about brands.

I see on ebay I can get some cheap batteries that are compatable with my camera, have any of you used a camera that is not the one recommended? Any horror stories? Any luck?

Besides voiding my warranty I wonder if It's a bad idea to do the money saving thing on this one. The CF cards I got super cheap have been wonderful, but I'm a little iffy about putting a battery in there.
Should I just look into getting a battery grip?
Is this thread long enough for a very simple question yet?

I got a few off of ebay for my XT from eforcecity, I bought from them because they have good prices and I have bought other things from them and was happy with the service and the product. I just typed in the model number of my battery to find them. I have been using them and haven't had a problem yet.

How would it void the warranty? It is just an external "accessory", how would they even know if you didn't tell them?

I'm not too concerned with the warranty, but if the battery let's say, blew up and ruined my camera, canon would not even consider fixing it, but if the same thing happened with a canon brand battery, canon would fix it. You might be surprised what would void your warranty :)

How long have you been using the battery?

I'm not too concerned with the warranty, but if the battery let's say, blew up and ruined my camera,

that can happen with some fake canon batteries, which look very similar to the canon ones, with the labels and all .... sometimes you find those on ebay.

but with third party batteries from reasonable companies one should be safe I guess (hope) ... If I were you I would go for a non canon-brand, but not the cheapest no-name possible.

I've bought several batteries from www.sterlingtek.com

They are much cheaper than the Canon brand ones and last longer too. I've had them for a couple of years with no problems.

I have the opteka ones that came with my battery grip. They have been working fine and I know a lot of people use them.

I have a 15% coupon for eforcity.com, if anyone wants it, PM me. First one to ask gets it.

Most reactions

Back