Bay Area DJ Shoot

Don't get it at all...why not show him doing whatever it is he does? These look rather 'plain'. Nothing going on...a guy wandering around with headphones....a guy staring at a glass building...what is the point? Doesn't connect with me at all...

good point!

maybe take this same guy and setup some very basic of his equipment outside for him to pose with

What I mean is these don't communicate 'this guy is a DJ'. In themselves they're not necessarily good or bad...for the most part...but what I think the assignment is has been not brought out. I'm not saying they are either good or bad, just not to the point...
I've seen other 'DJ Shoots' before, and they pretty much looked just like this. Especially the one with the brick wall & headphones. Actually, I think every DJ shoot I've seen had that shot. :lol: It's like there's a manual for shooting DJ's or something.

I don't get it either.

I fully get that a band promo shoot often does not show the band playing, and there might not even be any musical instruments present. But a DJ is not a one man band.

I don't really get why the same rules should apply.

Apparently they do though, because every 'DJ Shoot' pretty much looks exactly the same.

For once, I would like to actually see one of them working. :lol:

So, yeah - I agree. lol.

good point!

maybe take this same guy and setup some very basic of his equipment outside for him to pose with

What I mean is these don't communicate 'this guy is a DJ'. In themselves they're not necessarily good or bad...for the most part...but what I think the assignment is has been not brought out. I'm not saying they are either good or bad, just not to the point...
I've seen other 'DJ Shoots' before, and they pretty much looked just like this. Especially the one with the brick wall & headphones. Actually, I think every DJ shoot I've seen had that shot. :lol: It's like there's a manual for shooting DJ's or something.

I don't get it either.

I fully get that a band promo shoot often does not show the band playing, and there might not even be any musical instruments present. But a DJ is not a one man band.

I don't really get why the same rules should apply.

Apparently they do though, because every 'DJ Shoot' pretty much looks exactly the same.

For once, I would like to actually see one of them working. :lol:

So, yeah - I agree. lol.

hmm ok..well next time i'll get him in action. spinning:mrgreen:

thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back