be gentle

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
:p

so, obviously i'm new here. :wink: i'm a photo major at sam houston state university in texas and though i've taken several photo courses thus far, i still feel horribly inadequate. even if that weren't the case there's always something new to learn, right? i figure i'll make great use of the blooper forum here, so i'm excited to see that it exists. :mrgreen:

i wish i had a working scanner (not to mention access to my mac instead of this PC i'm on at the moment) so i could scan in some of my better work, but alas... i don't. my website (linked in my profile) has a handful of stuff, most of it very early work that i did and some of it can't be enlarged so it's pretty blah, but if you really want to look at it, i invite you to do so.

i'm hoping that by joining this forum i'll get some blatantly honest responses to the photos i produce. i feel like i don't get much of that from friends, family or classmates as they're more likely to try to spare my feelings, even if it's not necessary, than strangers. so have at it!

by the way, i tend to be longwinded. i hope i don't alienate too many of you that way. :?

Welcome, welcome. Glad to see more southwest contingent. (I am in Ohio, but am a stranger in a strange land.) One the best friends (and pretties girls,) I have ever had atteneded Sam Houston. Good school.

Greets.

Hi Carlita, welcome to the forum, we all love to see others work, there are some true professionals here, we are all nice, and and give great feedback. I have only been here a short time myself and am truely a newbie (will be using the blooper threads exclusively for awhile) but look forward to reading your "longwinded" :lol: posts.

BTW, i love the website. My favorite is your drawing section, but one question, does the mouse really chew a nut? :)

carlita said:
:p

by the way, i tend to be longwinded. i hope i don't alienate too many of you that way. :?

I wouldn't know anything about being long-winded blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

howdy

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

small world, tyjax. it's not often i meet people out of state that have even heard of my school let alone know someone who attended it. ohio, huh? well then happy bicentennial! :wink:

havoc, the mouse DOES chew a nut. believe me. in fact, that entire computer chews one, but i digress. i'm glad you like my drawings. there are only two in there though. i have a handful more to add. i just haven't done it yet. if you want, i'll let you know when that's done. :)

It might not be true in your case, but usually when i find a mouse "chewing a nut" its because the mouse rollers in the inside are all gunked up, its amazing how many people don't clean this regularly. Symtoms include cursor skipping, and cursor stall. The reason for this is the ball, which the rollers take their que from picks up dust, food, and other nasty grimy things then they get dposited on the rollers, after awhile the rollers just stop moving properly. The fix is easy though, remove the ball and scap off the gunk, usually a fingernail works, or gently with a dull knife, make sure to get both rollers and the wheel that keeps the ball in place. Now if you have an optical mouse with a laser light then your just screwed. Hmmm i just relized i spend too much time on here, especally if i am trying to diagnose a mouse's bad eating habits... I'm just gonna go now.... yeah i think that would be best.... Yeah bye all..... :? :? :?

it wasn't dirty, it just sucked. i figured it'd be easy enough to clean it out, but upon opening it i found it to be completely clean. that made me want to rip my hair out. that's why the face i drew on that picture isn't round though. i can't even remember what the original picture was going to be when i started trying to draw the face, but when i couldn't make it round to save my life, i got frustrated and the nut idea came ot mind.

hey carlita!!! welcome!! how old are you?
whatcha like to do besides photography?

md

whoops. totally forgot to answer the second question. duh.

besides photography i like to watch forensics shows. i guess i'm a couch potato that way. only the real ones though, not the forensic dramas like CSI and stuff.

i also like to play with my cats. i don't get to do that much since they're all at my parents' house at the moment. only one of them is really mine anyway and i'll be getting a new kitten soon. :) here's the one i've already got:

edited image

hopefully that worked. he's a little bigger now, but that's the only picture i can find on this computer. :cry:

man, i must sound really lame here, but i don't do much other than that stuff. not for fun anyway. school takes up too much of my time for me to have a real life right now. blah.

LOL I see a warning about bandwidth leetching and copyright infringement...... Yep thats what i see..... the site must have changed its rules on ya Carlita.....

Oh P.S. don't look at goatse like the webmaster of the site tells you to do..... Unless you have a perverse iron stomach (such as myself) it will disturb you......

Carlita, I edited the image. I don't want the url for goatse referenced.

Anyway... welcome aboard Carlita. Is that your webspace? If so, goatse comes from the old days of something awful. Are you a goon? I am :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back