What's new

Beach photo

Nerja

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Here is a photo I took of the beach near to where I live on a bright winters day:

burriana-february.jpg
 
It looks beautiful! I love the way your eye is drawn up by the parallel lines of the sand and the wave. Though personally I would've cropped it slightly on the right to get rid of the people sunbathing. :-P
 
It looks beautiful! I love the way your eye is drawn up by the parallel lines of the sand and the wave. Though personally I would've cropped it slightly on the right to get rid of the people sunbathing. :-P
Thanks for the comment. Its a very picturesque place to take photos here, which makes it a lot easier to get nice ones. The sand keeps on shifting on that particular stretch, some days it is a wide sandy beach, other days it looks like a fortified Normandy landing beach. :)
 
Very nice place! Come back at night and/or morning as well...you might like the result of the low sun
 
Very nice place! Come back at night and/or morning as well...you might like the result of the low sun
The sun goes down behind the hill in the picture, which makes a nice silhouette. Mornings and I don't really agree though.
 
Horizon is tilted.
 
It's nice, it's a classic photograph and you did a pretty decent job on it.

The stuff on the right edge of the frame is a little distracting, I think you would have done better to take 1 or two steps closer to the water and reframe to give you essentially the "same" picture, but without the bushes poking into the frame. The dark areas of the distance trees might be too dark, but of course there's a dynamic range problem shooting this kind of thing always, so generally something's got to go.

As has been noted, the horizon is slightly tilted.

Good timing on the wave, and overall a pretty good picture!
 
It's nice, it's a classic photograph and you did a pretty decent job on it.

The stuff on the right edge of the frame is a little distracting, I think you would have done better to take 1 or two steps closer to the water and reframe to give you essentially the "same" picture, but without the bushes poking into the frame. The dark areas of the distance trees might be too dark, but of course there's a dynamic range problem shooting this kind of thing always, so generally something's got to go.

As has been noted, the horizon is slightly tilted.

Good timing on the wave, and overall a pretty good picture!
Thanks very much for the comments (and to the others who noted the tilted horizon which I didn't spot). I wish the camera had a built in spirit-level - I don't understand why they don't have something built in that shows you on the screen if the camera isn't level.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom