Beach Shots

tdz16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All. I'm new here and figured there was an incredible amount of knowledge and advice to be shared so why not get in on it. I'd love to hear opinions of my photographs and the like. I'm more than willing to take in all criticisms and learn from them.

Here are a few shots I took down at the beach the other night. I'm not sure of the details on each shot but I will find out for anyone who is curious or would like to know. Thanks in advance!

~Tom

gullsunset.jpg

Best way to reduce lens flares? (though I kind of like them sometimes)

coupleonbeachsunset.jpg

Fill Flash on the couple laying in the sand? Better POV?

lisablackandwhite.jpg

Took all photos at ISO 800, probably could've been lower to reduce noise. I actually increased the noise to give it a rougher look overall as a last ditch effort. Not particularly a fan of this one.

LisaJonesBeachSunset.jpg

My favorite shot of the day, probably one of my best overall IMO.

The last one is really the best out of all of them! The colours are amazing! Have you tweaked it in PP?

The last one is really the best out of all of them! The colours are amazing! Have you tweaked it in PP?

I'm guessing "pp" means post processing.

Going on that assumption, most of what was tweaked was while processing the RAW file which I wouldn't really consider tweaking. I think I just bumped the contrast afterward to lose some of the detail of the subject in shadow.

Keep the comments coming please! I really want to get better at this!

Thanks,
~Tom

The first one is great i like the birds but the lense flare which i think was unavoidable kinda made me focus on that splotch it put in the darker bottom half of the shot the second one i couldnt even notice there where people laying in the sand so dont care for it too much and the 3rd i dont like at all ..... great composition but the grainieness is all i see. I agree with these guys the third shot is amazing. I like how u can see the women in the shot just enough but not really excellent colors and composition. Cheers on that one

Most reactions

Back