Beach Sunset with Wavy Waters

helloyo53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I haven't posted here in a while, a long while actually, since March 1st. Since then I decided to try to make my own photography forum, but that failed.:grumpy: So, I'm back here! :)

So my neighbour and I went down to a beach to try to catch a sunset. Unfortunately the clouds beat us to it, but I still got some good photos (well, I think so anyways :p). It was super windy too, so it made some cool pictures. So here they are:

This was at our first location, kind of boring:
2009_08230011Small.jpg

And then we moved to the actual beach:
2009_08230015Small.jpg

2009_08230017Small.jpg

2009_08230021Small.jpg

2009_08230023Small.jpg

Probably my favourite:
2009_08230024Small.jpg

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Unfortunately there is no centre of interest in a rather flat shot. You need a vertical such as a person, sailboat, dock, lighthouse etc.

skieur

Unfortunately there is no centre of interest in a rather flat shot. You need a vertical such as a person, sailboat, dock, lighthouse etc.

skieur

Thank you! :)

Yes, that sounds reasonable. But other than that is there anything else?

Aside from what was already said, your favorite pic is not sharp. camera shake, perhaps?

You need a tripod or set your cam on something (not on the sand!).

Enjoy!

PS. Travel with me around Asia, Adventure Travel Asia!
PPS. Get email updates here

Keep your horizons straight also... and maybe underexpose them a little?
That's always my problem is the horizons. For some reason, I can never keep them straight. I always forget my tripod too. :meh:

Aside from what was already said, your favorite pic is not sharp. camera shake, perhaps?

You need a tripod or set your cam on something (not on the sand!).

Enjoy!

Yes it definitely would have been camera shake because the wind was coming from the north, I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and I was FREEZING! So yes, that's where the shake would have come from. :blushing:

That's always my problem is the horizons. For some reason, I can never keep them straight. I always forget my tripod too. :meh:

You can correct that in post processing, but you may have to crop it a bit.

Yes it definitely would have been camera shake because the wind was coming from the north, I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and I was FREEZING! So yes, that's where the shake would have come from. :blushing:

Now that's something that's hard to fix! You'll definitely be shaking!! :lol:

--

Keep your horizons straight also... and maybe underexpose them a little?

Does your camera have a grid that you can turn on. A bit odd initially to look at, but I leave mine on now and do try to pay attention to it. I find there are many times when it lets me know that I was not on target with having things straight.

skieur

Thank you! :)

Yes, that sounds reasonable. But other than that is there anything else?

A graduated neutral density filter would bring up better detail in the waves in the foreground.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back