Beach waves at the jetty..how is my pp?

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,
Not many waves here in Cape Cod bay normally. We got 25-35 mph winds a couple of weeks ago, so I captured these. Water was in the 40's and yeah, I got wet for a couple of them, shin deep.

Am new to PSE 11 as my 1st pp product. Only at the cropping, coloring section. Have not attempted cloning, dodging that you all talk about!

Thank you for critique on composition and pp.
Nancy

Scusset waves by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

Attachments

• $Scusset waves.jpg
    $Scusset waves.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
You did a good job with the tone response of that first photo a smidge of that burn and dodging stuff might help, but you got it right.

Since you posted the other two photos: The location is the same for all three and, fair assumption on this end that the time passed between them isn't substantial -- lighting seems about the same.

Look at all three together and notice that you have three different colored skies. The difference is pretty big one to the next. The sky didn't really change color like that while you were taking photos. So at best only one is accurate and at worst all three are inaccurate.

Joe

Thank you Joe. Obviously I am trying to get a little more 'pop' to the photos...
is there a way to maintain same coloring ie: should my tint/saturation or something be the same # in each photo? am too new to ask correctly, sorry...
Nancy

Try using Lightroom's selective adjustment tool to add just the right amount of pop via exposure, saturation, hue, etc where you need it. You can set consistent values between images if desired.

No Light Room for me, but am thinking I should get it? I see quite a few comments that it can do something I need easier than PSE 11...
Nancy

No Light Room for me, but am thinking I should get it? I see quite a few comments that it can do something I need easier than PSE 11...
Nancy

I couldn't do without lightroom because my camera just gives me so much noise so quickly when i raise my iso.

Thank you Joe. Obviously I am trying to get a little more 'pop' to the photos...
is there a way to maintain same coloring ie: should my tint/saturation or something be the same # in each photo? am too new to ask correctly, sorry...
Nancy

Are you saving NEF files and processing those in PSE 11 or are you saving JPEGs and processing those?

When you say a little more 'pop' I assume you mean contrast and saturation. What specifically (tools in PSE 11) are you doing to get that result?

Joe

Most reactions

Back