My new Singh Ray filter photos

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, it's not that they're great but my first real chance to use them in an appropriate venue. Arrived at Cape Cod, Ma in our RV which we live in full time. We will be here until mid October as volunteers on the Canal. Joined a camera club and went out to a local park to see the Herring swim upsteam. Hooray, a stream at last!

There were lots of kids, parents, parking lots, telephone wires and poles, signs, picnic tables etc, but I did my best. My goal was using the filter correctly.
thanks for looking and critique appreciated. Am going to the clubs class on PSE next month and will learn how to fix the blown out sky :}

1- Don't know how clone out sign or fix sky YET!
Oliver Mill stream_edited-3 by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

2-

Oliver mills falls_edited-1 by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

3-
Oliver Mills stone view_edited-2 by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

4- Trial Version of Photomatix for fun!
Oliver Mills HDR 3 falls 2_edited-1 by Nancy Moran G, on Flickr

AAAHHHHGGG, the photos are wrong size!! I did not have this problem before Flickr FIXED it!

What type of Singh Ray filter did you use?
Also would love to get an update on the blown out sky

Thank you Ron. I wasn't sure on that one.

Singh Ray Var-N-Duo. It is my First ever filter. I believe it is 10 stop and polarizer. It's a little tricky to use and need lots of practice!
someone else thought that sky is too blown, but maybe instructor just meant this would be a good example to learn on ?
Will keep you posted.
Nancy

Singh Ray Var-N-Duo. It is my First ever filter. I believe it is 10 stop and polarizer. It's a little tricky to use and need lots of practice!
someone else thought that sky is too blown, but maybe instructor just meant this would be a good example to learn on ?
Will keep you posted.
Nancy

I just checked, the filter is about 400.00 dollars.

Pretty good for such advanced gear and first-time use! I especially liked the first, for the way the water is rendered, and the third, for the shallow depth of field use.

Will keep you posted.
Nancy

It's a 2-8 stop VND.

i like what it did for your photos, whatever it is.

Derrel, Not my 1st time using it, just at an appropriate photo place. Trust me I have a lot of all black or white photos and lots of vignetting :}
Hombredelmar, yes it was a lot of $$. I did have to break that gently to hubby ! :)
Nancy

Most reactions

Back