Beach Wood

not sure what you're pasting in there bro, but here is your image...

7496683114_7c0984aba5_c.jpg

just select what size you want to view/post, right click and hit save image url, then paste that between

just select what size you want to view/post, right click and hit save image url, then paste that between

nice....got it. thanks

Here is another wood shot. Also...testing to see if my Flicker host thing is gonna work....:thumbup::thumbdown:

I added a 1/2 stop of exposure. To add presence, I increased the mid-tone contrast (in ACR) and the Vibrance (CS5 adjustment layer). I then burned some of the shadows a bit (new layer, soft light blending mode) to make them darker to give a bit more sense of depth.
I then turned it upside down so the light seemed to be coming from underneath, which adds some drama and tension. Lastly I added a bottom-weighted mat and a frame with a frame shadow from above left at 94°.

74EditII96683114_7c0984aba5_c.jpg

you never did that to any of my photos.... :-(

lol

Great outlook on it, I think that really adds to it and makes it very nice. I never would have thought of doing that. yay for seeing things in a new light, even if its now from underneath.

OOH yes! Pretty darn nice. Ha...I like it upside down better also...your right, it adds "tension".
I like this version very much...looks like I got some work to put in on this one! I definitely like the increased contrast in the midtones..and the color came out great in the top section.

Unfortunately, I only have CS2 so I can't play with the Vibrance adjustment layer...don't have ACR either. But I really like the adjustments made. Im gonna reference that image when I'm working on some similar shots that I took (I posted them yesterday)...especially the contrast.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Nice. Enjoyed the other thread on driftwood as well

OOH yes!

Unfortunately, I only have CS2 so I can't play with the Vibrance adjustment layer...don't have ACR either.

Thanks a bunch!
CS 2 (Photoshop 9) included ACR 3 (Camera Raw 3). ACR first appeared in Photoshop 7. The most recent CS 6 is Photoshop 13 and is now at ACR 7.

I don't remember when the Presence sliders were added to Camera Raw. They are the 3 sliders at the bottom of the Basic panel and include a Vibrance slider.

Registered CS 2 owners qualified for upgrade pricing ($199) when CS 5 was still available. CS 3 is the minimum for upgrade pricing to CS 6.

Last edited:
KmH said:
CS 2 (Photoshop 9) included ACR 3 (Camera Raw 3). ACR first appeared in Photoshop 7. The most recent CS 6 is Photoshop 13 and is now at ACR 7.

I don't remember when the Presence sliders were added to Camera Raw. They are the 3 sliders at the bottom of the Basic panel and include a Vibrance slider.

Registered CS 2 owners qualified for upgrade pricing ($199) when CS 5 was still available. CS 3 is the minimum for upgrade pricing to CS 6.

Great! Thanks for the info!

Most reactions

Back