TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here she be
DSC_0045.jpg

Did you try to turn this picture into black and white ? You've got a good idea with the boat but the intense blue is a little distracting to me, given that the background is rather colorless.

much better.. but here try mine.. i adjusted some levels, some curves, and added a sepia filter. i also burned the boat very little bit to get rid of some of the high white contrast that was givin off from the blue,

624qhdc.jpg

Nice capture GutsAndGlory.
I can't pin it down yet, but something about this shot speaks to me. Something about loss, change then moving on......
Anyway, I thought I'd give the B&W conversion a shot.

tpfblueboat_bw.jpg

Nice capture GutsAndGlory.
I can't pin it down yet, but something about this shot speaks to me. Something about loss, change then moving on......
Anyway, I thought I'd give the B&W conversion a shot.

tpfblueboat_bw.jpg

Hey thank you. The picture looks good. But I still like it in color better. I dont know what it is. The black and white just seems kind of blah to me.

Yeah, it's like a selective color shot. But it's cool because it's totally natural.:D

What about desaturating the boat a little instead of the B&W?

Is this any better?

boat_edited-2.jpg

yeah its better. but it stands out way to much in my opinion. you have all that blue in one spot. theres barely any other color throughout the rest of the image. infact from a quick glance its almost as if it was b&w and you added the selective coloring to it.

idk. this is a hard picture. reshoot with some diffrent angles.

Most reactions

Back