Beaches Very-Mini-Series

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I got back from work and settled down, I realised that daaamn was it a pretty sunset tonight. So, I hopped on my bike and got myself down to the Lake Ontario beach area (very nicely developed area, gives the area I live in the name the Beaches :)) for some shots..unfortunately, I missed most of the good light, but I did manage to get my usual monument shot in while experimenting with something new - people. Most of the skyline-ish shots turned out pretty bad, and the 'icon' of the Beaches, a local boathouse, had too many people around it to get a clean shot. The couple in the picture (not sure which version I like more) were very kind to let me take snap away while they sat down on a Friday evening :)

#1 - The GoM Special - A monument. This one's to a local man who apparently did alot of community work. Or at least enough to get a water fountain built for him.

service1tv.jpg

#2 - Colour version, I called it Across The Lake. Technically, they're looking towards New York state, with Rochester somewhere over there. Wishing, perhaps? ;)

couple4ze.jpg

#3 - Greyscale version

coupleg6vo.jpg

I like the hint of pink from the setting sun on the usually grey stones of the walkway too much to be wanting to see this one in greyscale. Therefore I say: Photo 2!

i prefer the colour version - it adds more romantic feeeling to it :)

I'm the same way, I go back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth...) between which one I like more..

Glad to hear others like it at all though :)

im tossing between 2 and 3 aswell, dont know which one i would prefere, but its a nice shot anyway.

IMO #2 is good with ether color or B&W, also the crop works well as it is, but you could try cutting some out the left for the Rule of Thirds look; IMO #1 needs some PS work, the exposures seem to be the main problem but I think the shot could be saved by cropping, adjusting shadow/highlights & levels and converting to B&W.

Jeff Canes said:
IMO #2 is good with ether color or B&W, also the crop works well as it is, but you could try cutting some out the left for the Rule of Thirds look; IMO #1 needs some PS work, the exposures seem to be the main problem but I think the shot could be saved by cropping, adjusting shadow/highlights & levels and converting to B&W.

You think so for #2? I dunno, I kind of like there being alot of open space around them with them in the middle, it creates an expansive but peaceful feel (or at least to me).

I'll see what I can mess about with for #1...the sun glare was the actual sun, I didn't add it in at all, as I thought it turned out alright..but...I'm just getting into this thing, so ;). I also tried a B&W version, but that didn't turn out as well...I think I'd have to go back down during the middle of the day when the light is more evenly spread to get a decent B&W shot of it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back