Beads Seller

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Seller_Ness_web.jpg

The rotation of the camera angle is way too distracting for me to appreciate the subject of the photo.

Thank you for your comment, DanOstergren, I appreciante it. In fact there are two subjects in this picture. Or even three. And there are three reasons here for this composition. I wanted to put the younger woman in the corner, hence the camera angle. The other reason for the angle is the old woman's shadow. You can see her shadow is a prisoner there holding the bars with her hands. I wanted to lift it a bit, so it would play a more prominent role. I did not want the woman to dominate over her own shadow, because clearly the shadow says a lot about her life. And lastly, I wanted to create this slippery slope with the ground/wall line. A slippery slope that every old man or woman starts to feel sooner or later.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment, DanOstergren, I appreciante it. In fact there are two subjects in this picture. Or even three. And there are three reasons here for this composition. I wanted to put the younger woman in the corner, hence the camera angle. The other reason for the angle is the old woman's shadow. You can see her shadow is a prisoner there holding the bars with her hands. I wanted to lift it a bit, so it would play a more prominent role. I did not want the woman to dominate over her own shadow, because clearly the shadow says a lot about her life. And lastly, I wanted to create this slippery slope with the ground/wall line. A slippery slope that every old man or woman starts to feel sooner or later.

The angle bothered me, too but put like that it makes sense. :D

Ok for me: I like the composition and I like it! As she is the center of the picture, may be a mask on the lady face to lighten her just a little bit? On my screen it's a little bit too dark, but maybe it's ok on your side.

As you allow editing, I have lightened and modified the contrast for the face. I have also a little darkened the right bottom for more details: you can disagree, some people prefer to loose details and keep high value to retain a greater range of tonal values ​​in the picture.

$Seller_Ness_web_edited.jpg

Ok for me: I like the composition and I like it! As she is the center of the picture, may be a mask on the lady face to lighten her just a little bit? On my screen it's a little bit too dark, but maybe it's ok on your side.

As you allow editing, I have lightened and modified the contrast for the face. I have also a little darkened the right bottom for more details: you can disagree, some people prefer to loose details and keep high value to retain a greater range of tonal values ​​in the picture.

View attachment 53735

Thank you Pascal for your comment. It is really appreciated. As for the face - I have already lightened it up a bit, did not want to push it too much. But your edit is OK, I like the right bottom correction.

The angle bothered me, too but put like that it makes sense. :D

Thank you for the comment Granddad. I was attracted by the sadness in her face, took several shots and even had to buy staff from her to be allowed to go on, it all was quite straightforward and boring, untill I saw that yound woman in the background. And the shadow of a prisoner! And the light all of a sudden became a friend, not the enemy in this setting. How I love these moments! They do not come often my way.. or maybe they do but I can not see it.

Thank you Pascal for your comment. It is really appreciated. As for the face - I have already lightened it up a bit, did not want to push it too much. But your edit is OK, I like the right bottom correction.

You're right: better a little dark than too much pushed! And I always say, it can change depending of the screen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back