Bear Mountain

myguinness650

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to the forum and by no means a photographer. I just wanted to share some of my pictures with all of you and see what you thought. My husband bought me a camera for christmas and this was the first picture I took with it the next day. I would appreciate any comments.

September%2023-25,%202005%20033-large.jpg

I like how you used the mountains and the trees as a frame! It works perfectly in a case such as this.
Now for a critique, I might ask if perhaps you also underexposed this shot, to bring out the contrast in the sky/clouds, in which you could combine the two shots, and have a landscape which compliments the sky. I am not certain how other feel about this, but perhaps seeing more of the slope to the mountain on the left may have helped a tiny bit.

Great start with your new camera :) and welcome to TPF

I agree.. I have been taking pictures for a few years now and no way do I call myself a good photographer lol... Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Peanuts.. This is a great shot.. I like the framing from the mountain and trees, but Id like the Sky to POP out since it seems to be *MY* focal point when I look at it.. The picture was taken a great spot to get the wonderful frame though!

Look forward to seeing more photos!

Peanuts and Holly, I agree with you that this is a bit underexposed. I am just learning to use a digital camera and this was the first shot I had taken with it outside. I appreciate your comments on this and it definetly gives me somewhere to start from. I know as I become more comfortable with my new camera adjusting the settings will get a little easier.

Holly, I'm lucky to live where I do to be able to find views like this... I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Thank you all for the welcome and I will be posting again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back