Beautiful B.C.

teneighty23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every summer for years has been spent in this Majestic place. many more to come. these are a few B+W's from holidays i just got back from, almost all these are digital, one film photo in here. waiting on 10 rolls to come back still.

I love this country...

This was home base for most of the trip for week 1, Lake Enid west of Radium hot springs. 10 minute exposure in which i joined in after 5 minutes, for a ghost effect. very peaceful night.
IMG_5126.jpg

Shrubbery on top of wild massive hoodoo's near Fairmont hot springs.
IMG_48861.jpg

A ridge we walked along towards the peak, named the Judge.
IMG_47611.jpg

view from that ridge
IMG_47061.jpg

view from ridge down to Diana lake where we set up camp.
IMG_46571.jpg

beautiful tree and vegitation along banks of Diana lake, with the giant rockwall making up the background.
IMG_4590_31.jpg

Tentin with the Judge framed in the background.
IMG_45741.jpg

Ok so it wasn't ALL in BC, this is from Moraine lake near Lake Louise, find postcards of Canada, you'll see moraine lake. or canadian money for that matter... This is a nice set of rock stairs on top of an old slide at the end of the lake.
IMG_4433.jpg

And this is Lynn canyon tucked inside Vancouver. and my brother about to cross the river. this is with regular 400 speed fuji superia film. colour stripped in Aperture.
00440022.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

For me, most black and white shots of nature don't cut it. I love the composition and content, but the b&w is such a turnoff for me. I find very busy pictures to sometimes lose themselves when theirs no colour.

I love the shot of the winding tree! VERY VERY cool, the curves of it look great over all the stiff tall trees!

love the ghost effect i was wondering how to do this... i had the right idea i guess ill need a remote or something to push the exposure out that long

Thanks Guys! thanks for the imput, sometimes i have overdone my black and whites in the past, i will look back at my pic later and go, man, its so busy! there is too much to look at! sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Ya that tree stopped me dead as i was walking, i just said AK im takin a pic of that! too sweet! it was a beauty, i also have film pics of it but they are not back from processing yet... and Jay good luck on the ghosting! just experiment and have fun with it! thats the beauty of Digital.

I like the 2nd pic, works here.

Mmmmm...BC. I love it here. (Speaking of loving one's country, I finally decided that I actually loved Canada on a flight here over the Rockies; I just thought "Damn...we've got it good here.")

Most reactions

Back