First Northern Saw Whet and a Nice Juvi RT from today

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought today would be a waste of time. Hit my normal spot and the wind was gusting out of the North about 45 and it was cloudy. Drove around for awhile and ended up at Hammonassett state park. I never have any luck there. As I started walking out one of the trails, a few birders asked me if I was there for the Northern Saw Whets? I was like woohoo of course I am. They told me to past a bench and he had marked an arrow on the ground pointing to where there were 2 perched. I marched out to the spot and ended up looking for an hour with no luck. I decided to walk around on another trail and hope another photog or birder would show up so I could figure out where the little owls were.. Dejectedly I walked down the trail when I felt like I was being watched... Comments welcome and thanks for looking
Juvi RT Hawk 11_2 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

This Juvi Red Tail was just chilling out staring at me..
Juvi RT Hawk 11_2 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

He only few about 150 feet at a time posing in different light with different backgrounds...
Juvi RT Hawk 11_2 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi RT Hawk 11_2 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi RT Hawk 11_2 4 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Eventually he flew away so I went back on my pursuit of the Saw Whets. I went back to the spot and hiked through the thick cedars. I gave up. I texted a friend to let him know they were someplace in the area. I put my phone in my pocket and turned around to see this cute little lady

My first wild Northern Saw Whet 3 11_2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

The lighting was horrible, back lit and in the shade. She was pretty sleepy, but I managed to get this one.. Switched to aperture mode, set my ISO to 800 and used the on board flash. I'll take it all things considered...
My first wild Northern Saw Whet 1 11_2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Impressive as usual. :)

Kris, great shots - #2 is my favourite - he is sure watching you. Probably wondering what that thing was that you had in your hands that you were pointing at him. :biggrin-93:

Are these with the new Tammy 150-600?

WesternGuy

Kris, great shots - #2 is my favourite - he is sure watching you. Probably wondering what that thing was that you had in your hands that you were pointing at him. :biggrin-93:
Are these with the new Tammy 150-600?
Yup, D800 and Tamron 150-600.. Full exif is on my flickr page
WesternGuy
Impressive as usual. :)
Thank you!

great shots, I like number 4

Sah weet saw whet.

These are all great, of course, but I'll pick #5 and #7.

Looks like you and that D800 are all sync'd up now :headbang:

All are great, #2 is my favorite

Most reactions

Back