What's new

Beautifulness

alwaysremember

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
critique if you would like...
these are beautiful pictures that make me happy. only have 5 here, about 500 on my computer though, hehe.

mk1.jpg


mk2.jpg


mk3.jpg


mk4.jpg


mk5.jpg
 
Hallo alwaysremember and welcome to ThePhotoForum :D.

So where were these taken?
Did you go on holidays to come to a spot like this one?

I see from your other thread that you use a Powershot that is a couple of years old. They are quite handy, reliable little cameras! I have one, too.

In automatic mode, however, they usually produce somewhat flat pictures, and this is what I see here (and was seeing in your other thread, too). All of these have quite some potential though (despite their being flat off camera) when you put them through some post processing, so you can increase contrasts and colour saturation. THEN they should pop some more (and a bit of sharpening would do these some good, too)!

May I try with one of these and show you what I mean?

(And in the first I would crop off the bins on the left ... they don't go with that antique looking thing at all).
 
Yes, of course you can try it with these! I do use automatic mode, but I should explore the other options!

Unfortunately, I cannot retake these pictures... they were taken in Mykonos, Greece. I have quite a few of them from places in Greece that i will likely be posting here =).
 
OK, I will give some of these a try ... and watch the big dust thing you have on your sensor!
 
OK, I chose the last three for some minor editing (level adjustments and USM = unsharp mask) in Photoshop:

alwaysremember_mk3_myedit.jpg


alwaysremember_mk4_myedit.jpg


alwaysremember_mk5_myedit.jpg


You see: there is still room for some adjustments after your camera has taken the photo, and these kinds of adjustments don't mean you really changed the PHOTO as such. They only bring out what supposedly really WAS there, colourwise, contrastwise ... only some cameras can't capture it that well.
 
Nice shots indeed...

I think boats and ships are a very natural image to photograph...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom