Beauty in the Bushes

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted this beautiful little butterfly just this morning at my favorite lake. I don't know what kind it is, does anyone?

11142559-studio.jpg

Technically, that's not a bush, but it's a beautiful shot of the butterfly. Well done!
Thanks, Jeff. Seemed like some kind of wild growing bush with blooms, it was about 7 ft tall. Any idea what it is?

Lovely shot. I have tried several times to get a shot of a butterfly to no avail.

It's cool, no worries. I am curious to know and I believe you're right. I just saw some pics of some wild asters that hadn't bloomed yet and they looked identical. Good call.

The Butterfly is a White Peacock which has a range of Florida to North Texas. The plant is an Eastern Baccharis, which is native to Florida.

Last edited:
I don't know the species- lovely shot I suspect a long focal length was used to capture this???

Les :)

I don't know the species- lovely shot I suspect a long focal length was used to capture this???

Les :)
Thanks, Lez. I used my big Tamron but only at about 8 ft. distance. It was a little hard to get tack sharp focus with the wind blowing everything around but that's Florida for you, almost always a breeze. I usually pick my days to take picks of butterflies but I just happen to spot this one and couldn't pass it up since the beauty of it.

Most reactions

Back