Beauty in the marshes of Louisiana

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think this may be my best exposure on this species.
Very nearly straight out of the camera, shot in RAW. I mean, I shoot everything in RAW but this image came in special , somehow.
Had to add a little bit of color and contrast ( very little) on the flat RAW image. That's about it.
Nailed it. Gotten about 1 hour ago.

SikevdT.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, much appreciated

That's a cracking shot, the background is very nice with that A shape that works well with the egret. A good job in holding the whites too.

The eye pops. Good job.

There are those special times when the conditions are perfect and everything comes together to make an image pop. You seem to have been blessed with such an occasion. Great shot.

I like the background you captured him in. I think that helps make the image great.

That's a cracking shot, the background is very nice with that A shape that works well with the egret. A good job in holding the whites too.
Thank you sir.

The eye pops. Good job.
Thank you much

There are those special times when the conditions are perfect and everything comes together to make an image pop. You seem to have been blessed with such an occasion. Great shot.
I've not seen you on any of my threads before. I've seen some of your stuff though. Many thanks.

I like the background you captured him in. I think that helps make the image great.

Mr. Pete, thanks again!

Yes, that background really works in this. Exposure is great too. Very nice.

Mr. Dean, Thank you a lot.

Nominated for POTM. Nicely done.

February 2021 POTM Nominations

Ron, I don't quite know what to say. Why to put me in the ranks with people like Mike Snowy, Pez, and others who make it to the nominations
Is a very high compliment for me. Even tho I probably won't win it, just getting there is a big deal to me.
And the folks commenting to this thread. From you to Mr. Dean, Mike Snowy, Pete, and all the rest of you who really know what you're doing in photography.
To say that I'm honored is an understatement. It's definitely a highlight on my path to photography. When I nominate a photo, I look at it, look at the composition, the uniqueness , sharpness, exposure and all the fundamentals, but I'm just a nobody at this thing called photography. But you guys......well, it's different. True professionals. To be nominated, just nominated ( not winning because I don't expect that) by guys like you fellas, the best I can do putting it to words is; It means a whole hell of a lot to me.
You guys made my day with something I would have never expected in million years.
Thank you all................
LS6

LS6, Just keep working at it. I've never won a POTM either but I just keep trying to get better. If you look at those things when taking your photos then you are ahead of a big number of people that just shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back