Beauty Portraits Selections 2008 by Zec@Work

Zeckson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As 2008 comes to an end, I just want to showcase some of my past works I have done so far for the year. These photos are not the best of my selections (well, some of them are) but they carries a deep impression or memory to me while I shot them.

Sharing with everyone here and wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Pic 01:

45106ce6.jpg

About the Photo:
Here we have Ann doing this great pose at the entrance of a dark passage between 2 walls. I like the contrast between the walls and the dark passage. With Ann posing at the entrance, it gives a strong mystery towards Ann. She is partially bright, partially dark. You can see her but yet you cannot see her completely. Kind of gives the feeling that Ann comes and goes easily without anybody noticing.

Red is a good color in this picture. With black and white contrast, red draws perfect attention and is able to blend on both black and white easily. The textures on the walls are added in to enhance the feel.

Pic 02:

d4d003fa.jpg

About the Photo:
This is Film. She left me a very good impression during the shooting session. She seems very experienced and knows exactly what a photographer would want from a model. I like this picture because of the framing. Noticed that I cut her out on the right side of the picture a little? I find that doing such framing not only gives an entirely different feel to the over picture (not those boring standard framing where everything is in sight) but also makes the model look slighter slimmer. It makes you think exactly how the other side looks like and makes want to know more about Film.

I used a top-down bounce flash and a reflector for this shot. Her right shoulder was a little flabby but that was fixed easily with Photoshop. Looks okay now I think.

Pic 03:

1ab1c696.jpg

About the Photo:
These are my friends, Oat and his girlfriend Namfon. This pictures was taken during her Masters Degree graduation inside the hallway at ABAC Bangna (beautiful university!) Campus. I really like the couple emotions emitting from the both of them. I purposefully frame them on the left side of the picture, leaving an empty space for other creativities.

I used 2 lights over here. One on the right side of the picture firing onto the wall and letting light bounce back onto their faces and another light on my left as fill light. To make this picture interesting and attention drawing, I added good old vignetting around the corners.

Pic 04:

079ade1a.jpg

About the Photo:
I don’t just shoot only young pretty girls you know? ;) Here is the mother of one of my friends. This was taken in a prize giving ceremony. Just a very casual shot of a sweet looking soft-spoken mother. I love the colors captured, all blending into the pink areas. Skin tones, subtle make-up, color of blouse, roses and the background all color blending nicely together. It gives me a very motherly look, full of warmth and kindness.

Pic 05:

be49c735.jpg

About the Photo:
I still remember very vividly on this one. This is Joy, a very cute Thai girl that looks so much like Japanese. In order to compose for this shot that I had in mind, I had to do a lot of “things moving”. All elements you see this photo are not there initially. I had to carry the bench, the table, the vase of flowers (choosing the right colored one), drop some make-up accessories, put in my iPhone and get Joy to lean on the table slightly on her arm looking at my phone. I simply love this shot!

Pic 06:

03a6e29a.jpg

About the Photo:
There were many people commented on this photo once about the skin smoothness. I can tell you, I almost did nothing to the skin tone except removing one or two moles. This is Zia, one of the top prettiest friends I ever had here in Bangkok. This is very straight forward. This is very direct. A very compounding message of “I am pretty and sweet”. Nothing else to say. Love those eyes and lips.

Pic 07:

f13b47ce.jpg

About the Photo:
For this shot, it is the angle of approach that I really like. It gives a different viewing angle of how we see our subject and how we present our subject. This is Nam-wan, a dancer that I know from a dance club. Very active girl and very daring. She has absolutely “No Holds Barred” attitude during the shoot, doing things that I requested. It was the first time for her to officially pose in front of a DSLR.

This shot was taken in the evening with a nice warm diffused glow of the sun reflecting for her skin. Beautiful.

Pic 08:

04fe63ba.jpg

About the Photo:
This is Nam-Peung and I got her to knee down on the floor leaning on a sofa seat outside the corridor of my room. It was a super challenge during for this shoot. The sun was exceptionally strong, casting very bright ghosting all over my images (I shot her with a very bright background). What I did was I used my rug and place it over the railings to create a very nice purple background. I deployed a flash bouncing from a reflector and a fill light in front. The natural light casted onto her hair is perfect but not onto her shoulders. Some parts were blown off else it would be a wonderful image.

Pic 09:

1601de99.jpg

About the Photo:
Okay, here is my colleague from China that came for training in my company some months ago. She was given a beautiful apartment to stay during her training. She invited a few of us to her apartment for party and here is just one snap out of the many.

I placed her beside the window and flash through a golden reflector on her left. I added a fill light right in front and a rim light right at the back of her hear to highlight her hair.

Pic 10:

45679418.jpg

About the Photo:
This is Nick or more like Nicky. A would-be model chosen by a modeling agency for some advertisements. I was invited by the agency to do some shots for her. Among all the shots, I like this one the best. A reflector was used to reflect sunlight on her left while I fill light in front.

Pic 11:

6aaaf627.jpg

About the Photo:
This is one of the best models I ever worked on since I started shooting seriously. Jean is fantastic. I have almost nothing to complain about her. Professional attitude. Great look. Great body. This shot is more of a fashion shot that the agency required. It took me some time to decide on the location, the choice of clothes and the lighting used. This is the final result of those decisions. The agency was very happy.

Pic 12:

2be89308.jpg

About the Photo:
This is my friend, May, an air stewardess. We had nothing to do one day so we called each other out for lunch and I proposed doing a shoot since I love taking photos and she loves being taken photos. May is not a model by profession so her poses were a bit stiff initially, especially the smile. We had to try and try until we get a shot that is good. This particular shot is actually my favorite from the lot. It has an attitude that I love. I desaturate a little and pump up the contrast to give the overall feel. Really love this.

Pic 13:

8d11af70.jpg

About the Photo:
Nan is also one of the top prettiest friends I ever had in Bangkok and her attitude was superb too. I shot her last year and I shoot her again this year. Attitude never changed. Nan is very popular in the scene. Her schedules are always booked. I was really lucky to manage to get her to do this shoot with me (after many times of asking and begging, ha ha ha ha). Here, I am trying out a retro look on Nan. Found this superb location that sets the perfect background. Will definitely use this location again on other and future shoots!

Pic 14:

4a9eaa28.jpg

About the Photo:
Okay, here we have Nan again on another shoot session with me but this time she brought her friend along. Didn’t really get to know her friend though but shoot session was good. In this picture, there forces of light going on! Frontal fill light at lowered flash value AND a warm incandescent lamp mounted on a beauty dish imitating the warm golden sunlight. Notice how the warm light looks on their skin? Beautiful!!

Most reactions

Back