Beauty shot

Without reading any of the other opinions......

The shadows under her chin, the collars of her top and the cleavage are lessening this image. They appear more as bruises rather than shadows. As is, they fail the beauty of the model.

Thanks for sharing, but you have produced better results.

Opinion rhymes with onion... :er:

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I was asking a legitimate question as to whether or not your screen is calibrated. Cause if it is, at that point, yes it's opinion, but if it's not, that could be the reason you're seeing it as overexposed. :p

hey here's a great opportunity to grow as a photographer, this is the bible of photographic illusionism, you should take a look at these amazing techniques ... it's foolish not to distinguish great opportunities, but wise to be seized ...
Mehinks I will fry a couple of eggs to compliment the SPAM you provided. Perhaps some buttered toast as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I was asking a legitimate question as to whether or not your screen is calibrated. Cause if it is, at that point, yes it's opinion, but if it's not, that could be the reason you're seeing it as overexposed. :p

Sorry e.rose, I didn't mean to sound as though I thought you are a smart ass... You are right of course.

Unfortunately I can't afford a calibrator (Spyder or whatever they are called). However, I do think that my monitir is "calibrated" as well as possible given the manual tools available to me and the correct monitor profile.

However, I do not blame my computer monitor. I blame my optical monitors (eyes) for the discrepancies that I see... or don't see.

Long term exposure to radiation (Cobalt to treat my brain tumor) has affected the communication between my eyes and my brain... It mostly affects my ability to read, peripheral vision, memory, and gives me headaches. Although improving slowly over time; my brain will occasionally throw me curve balls. Making what I see, different than what others see.

That is why I say... In my opinion.

I appologize if I inferred any disrespect e.rose. I have always respected you as a photographer and tried to learn from your work. Although, I do miss your duckface avatar. :)

I have read all the comments and I am not used to alot of them at once. I really want to thank you all for your time commenting and excuse me if I wont reply to each and everyone.

Regarding the cropped hand, I agree it might look a bit unussual but I always felt bad about good pictures with cropped elbows so I concentrated on that and for me I liked the crop as it included the full parts that are showing.. What Kathy pointed out is really important, it would have been much better of the other hand showed in the photo even partially. So that is what I will concentrate on next time :) Thank you.

Hopefully we will manage for some out door shooting althought it is not very easy in our area.. It is kind of unussual to see models and lights on the streets in here..

Thank you all for your supportive words, I really appriciate that and it made me more motivated :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back