Bee & Blossom

mwild

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The pinks are great and can stand on their own. The bee out of focus hurts that image though and some of the noise in the background could easily be softened with a noise reduction treatment.

#1... what is the subject? Bee or Flower? Assuming flower since at least some of it is in focus, but bee distracts from flowers. Needs more DOF.

#2... Blownout white areas in background draw the eye away from the "subject".. (see below)

#3... Badly Blownout white areas in background draw the eye away from the "subject".. (see below)

Some basic compositional guidelines...

see Watch Out for Hotspots http://www.journographica.com/2011/05/15/basic-photo-tips-framing-your-shots/

see the Light Tones over Dark Tones section Pulling the Eye: Visual Mass and Composition

i

I asked the bee to stay still, he wasn't super cooperative.

I asked the bee to stay still, he wasn't super cooperative.

Faster shutter.. more dof... or flash... and you can MAKE the bee stand still!

I stun my bees with the radiator grill of my car going 60mph and then stick them where ever I need them. They always end up where I want them. :flower:

I stun my bees with the radiator grill of my car going 60mph and then stick them where ever I need them. They always end up where I want them. :flower:

That's cheating, man! ;)

I like where you are going with #1 and #2, but they could have been so much better. Try cropping out the left half of #2 and see what it looks like. I'd give it a go, but I'm not allowed.

I tried that with a deer once. It didn't work out so well.

I like where you are going with #1 and #2, but they could have been so much better. Try cropping out the left half of #2 and see what it looks like. I'd give it a go, but I'm not allowed.

I tried that with a deer once. It didn't work out so well.

Clearly I've missed a crucial step in wildlife photography, will know better for next time. ;)

Most reactions

Back