Bee in a Lavender Field (Comments and Criticisms NEEDED)

nplattii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still pretty new to the whole photography world. I really would appreciate any comments and criticisms to make me a better photographer.

IMG_6104.jpg

The only thing is that it's a tad to dark...and the focus is on the flower and not the bee. Perhaps one other thing is you could have moved up a tad or backed up..so the whole flower was in the fram.

Here are my thoughts.

Looks to be shot with a Canon Digital Rebel (300 or 350D), focal length of 55mm (what lens were you using...decent bokeh (background blurring) for a kit lens, ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/125th sec. No Flash fired.

It's too dark and under exposed. For macro the 7.1 is a good starting point, but since ambient light doesn't seem very bright you may have faired better using ISO 400.

Try using center point focus, AV mode...focus on bee, ISO 200, f/6. If you have a good flash setup then try ISO 200, f/12.

-Roy

Looks to be shot with a Canon Digital Rebel (300 or 350D), focal length of 55mm (what lens were you using...decent bokeh (background blurring) for a kit lens, ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/125th sec. No Flash fired

Excuse my ignorance, but how in the world can you tell what camera was used just by looking at a picture ? You're either really good or .... just guessing.

Anyways, I'd crank the brightness up a bit and see how it comes out. I'm sure it'd make a nice improvement. (adjust and repost?) Getting the entire flower in the frame would help as well. Anyways, you've got a good start here.

exif data

Which wasn't posted here, thus my comment. I most certainly could not tell the difference between different cameras just by looking at a picture. If you could, all the power to you :wink:

Which wasn't posted here, thus my comment. I most certainly could not tell the difference between different cameras just by looking at a picture. If you could, all the power to you :wink:

In the image properties I found this:

Orientation of image: 1
File change date and time: 2005:07:08 15:42:05
Image input equipment manufacturer: Canon
Image input equipment model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Exposure time: 0.008
F number: 7.1
ISO speed rating: 100
Shutter speed: 6.96579
Aperture: 5.65564
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 4.97086
Metering mode: 5
Flash: 0
Lens focal length: 55
Focal plane X resolution: 3443.95
Focal plane Y resolution: 3442.02
Focal plane resolution unit: 2
Sensing method: 2
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Scene capture type: 0

OK. Let me clear this up a bit.
I thought that lextalionis made the comments regarding camera types based on the picture itself and NOT the exif data. Obviously, exif data is available for this shot (to me it wasn't) so lextalionis observations were correct.
I just found it really hard to believe that anyone can tell camera types just by looking at a picture. Of course, with the exif it is possible.
I better get the right software for looking up this stuff....

Most reactions

Back