been a little MIA lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was busy organizing our local "Big Latch On" event! Myself and a couple other local mamas were heading it up. Here's an article the local paper wrote on our event:
For More Support Mothers celebrate breastfeeding week with ?nurse-in?, breastfeeding, mothers, breastfeed - News - YumaSun

Sharing a personal photo from the event :)
$biglatchon.jpg

One thing I love is the breastfeeding pix and moms. Good for the kids health and beautifies the world with a ladies special attributes.

Check out Larry Finks 'Joan's Breast Milk' but it is very hard to find on the web. If you want to do some up to date fine art stuff, do a 2013 version of Finks work. If you want a copy PM me and I will send it to you. It is against the law to post here.

Do it in muted color, 6 x 6 look and call it 'Homage to Larry Fink in the Style of Joans Breast Milk' or something like that. It would be spectacular! (Well, Traveler would not go for it.)

If you do a good job, I'll even buy a high grade 11 x 14 ink jet print for $35 from you. Make the image 8.5 x 8.5 on my 11 x 14 please. I prefer FineArt Baryta paper or similar.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Great post! Love it, also an advocate for breast feeding here.

One thing I love is the breastfeeding pix and moms. Good for the kids health and beautifies the world with a ladies special attributes.

Check out Larry Finks 'Joan's Breast Milk' but it is very hard to find on the web. If you want to do some up to date fine art stuff, do a 2013 version of Finks work. If you want a copy PM me and I will send it to you. It is against the law to post here.

Do it in muted color, 6 x 6 look and call it 'Homage to Larry Fink in the Style of Joans Breast Milk' or something like that. It would be spectacular! (Well, Traveler would not go for it.)

If you do a good job, I'll even buy a high grade 11 x 14 ink jet print for $35 from you. Make the image 8.5 x 8.5 on my 11 x 14 please. I prefer FineArt Baryta paper or similar.

Good luck!

I'd love to see what you're talking about. Google provided me with NOTHING. lol You were not kidding.

Is it weird that im jealous of that baby?

lol pixmedic.. I'd enjoy hanging out in a baby carrier, snuggled up with mama and sipping on my favorite beverage too!

As an infant my mother was unable to nurse. Some what allergic to cows milk, my family took daily trips to the County Hospital to fetch mothers milk. Guess that was a different time. Bless any woman that feed they're child that way. Ed

As an infant my mother was unable to nurse. Some what allergic to cows milk, my family took daily trips to the County Hospital to fetch mothers milk. Guess that was a different time. Bless any woman that feed they're child that way. Ed

Many women do still donate breast milk! Had I not been so overwhelmed with being a first time mom I wish I would have.. I had such abundant supply in the early days!

I am still stunned that there is anything weird or odd about nursing a baby to some people. I don't even blink at an exposed breast.

It's our culture. Breasts are used to seel everything, from cars to mascara but then somebody gets them out to feed their baby and everyone freaks out. Well, not all the time but a lot, and women are expected to feed their babies in rest rooms etc.

I am still stunned that there is anything weird or odd about nursing a baby to some people. I don't even blink at an exposed breast.

People don't enjoy seeing people breast feed, but they are some how horrible people because they dislike the sight.
Kissing is perfectly normal, but two 19 year olds tonguing each other down on the corner while you're waiting to cross the street is something I'd prefer not to see (or hear).

I'm against public breast feeding, but I don't make threads about it and then condemn those who do it. Some topics are one way effin streets.

It's our culture. Breasts are used to seel everything, from cars to mascara but then somebody gets them out to feed their baby and everyone freaks out. Well, not all the time but a lot, and women are expected to feed their babies in rest rooms etc.

Ermmm no. Breasts were a part of sexual psychology long before they were used in advertisements. Breasts being a sexual aspect is one of the things that makes it "weird" to some people. I wouldn't want my infant to be sucking on the same boob I was sucking on the night before. Also, the exchanging of bodily fluids in public is also a gross concept. HIV is transmitted via breastmilk, as well as other diseases.

Also - making a thread about breast feeding, with an image of breast feeding should be labeled as such in the thread title. You can tell me to not look, but you can't tell me to unsee it if I was never warned.

People don't enjoy seeing people breast feed, but they are some how horrible people because they dislike the sight.
Kissing is perfectly normal, but two 19 year olds tonguing each other down on the corner while you're waiting to cross the street is something I'd prefer not to see (or hear).

I'm against public breast feeding, but I don't make threads about it and then condemn those who do it. Some topics are one way effin streets.

Ermmm no. Breasts were a part of sexual psychology long before they were used in advertisements. Breasts being a sexual aspect is one of the things that makes it "weird" to some people. I wouldn't want my infant to be sucking on the same boob I was sucking on the night before. Also, the exchanging of bodily fluids in public is also a gross concept. HIV is transmitted via breastmilk, as well as other diseases.

Also - making a thread about breast feeding, with an image of breast feeding should be labeled as such in the thread title. You can tell me to not look, but you can't tell me to unsee it if I was never warned.

Breasts were used to nurse long before they became a sexual object. It amazes me how people are ok with all the crap on tv yet flip out when a breast is actually used for what it was designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back