been a little MIA lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's let tempers cool before the thread has to be locked. Be respectful of others, and slow down and think before you hit Reply, everyone! :)

I'd rather see women nursing than some pathetic Parent stuffing their fat kids with more Mcdonalds. That grosses me out, that offends me. Some morbidly obese fat turd eating their third helping of general Tso chicken at the food court while washing it down with Cinnebon frosting is disgusting.

This literally had me LOL.

Fwiw.. The first few months of my son's life I felt I could not leave the house because I was too "shy" or whatever to deal with nursing him out in a public place. The only place we ever went was his doctor appointments for the most part and I'd hide in the car or in a locked doctors office room to nurse him before we headed back home, etc. When he was a few months old I ventured out to Target for like.. my first REAL outing. Well, all women know how long you can spend in a Target.. lol and we were there a while. I needed to feed him, and *gasp* went into the restroom. It was the most disgusting and uncomfortable thing I have ever done. I felt DIRTY, doors slammed open and shut, loud distracting toilet flushes, it was awful! I vowed never to nurse him in a restroom again, and I haven't. Little by little I have gained the confidence to nurse him out and about and wherever I am when he is hungry. Do I think there should be a certain level of modesty when feeding your baby? Yes, for me, absolutely - but not necessarily by use of a blanket to cover it up. Do I think women should hide in a corner or a restroom to do so? Absolutely NOT. There are laws in place to protect a breastfeeding mothers rights for a reason.

I'd rather see women nursing than some pathetic Parent stuffing their fat kids with more Mcdonalds. That grosses me out, that offends me. Some morbidly obese fat turd eating their third helping of general Tso chicken at the food court while washing it down with Cinnebon frosting is disgusting.

Fwiw.. The first few months of my son's life I felt I could not leave the house because I was too "shy" or whatever to deal with nursing him out in a public place. The only place we ever went was his doctor appointments for the most part and I'd hide in the car or in a locked doctors office room to nurse him before we headed back home, etc. When he was a few months old I ventured out to Target for like.. my first REAL outing. Well, all women know how long you can spend in a Target.. lol and we were there a while. I needed to feed him, and *gasp* went into the restroom. It was the most disgusting and uncomfortable thing I have ever done. I felt DIRTY, doors slammed open and shut, loud distracting toilet flushes, it was awful! I vowed never to nurse him in a restroom again, and I haven't. Little by little I have gained the confidence to nurse him out and about and wherever I am when he is hungry. Do I think there should be a certain level of modesty when feeding your baby? Yes, for me, absolutely - but not necessarily by use of a blanket to cover it up. Do I think women should hide in a corner or a restroom to do so? Absolutely NOT. There are laws in place to protect a breastfeeding mothers rights for a reason.

what about just pumping the breast milk and using a bottle for outings? are there some issues with that?

what about just pumping the breast milk and using a bottle for outings? are there some issues with that?

Keeping the milk cold and then warming it up for one. And also some babies won't take a bottle if mommy is around. I know ours wouldn't. I still see nothing wrong with feeding in public, it's just the ones that whip it out in defiance.

Introducing a bottle too early can cause latch problems, which can result in pain for the mom, etc. Because the baby may get milk faster, they may prefer the bottle and refuse breastfeeding all together. Some babies won't take a bottle - mine won't if I'm around. I also find that pumping is pretty uncomfortable.

have you ever pumped? It is an awful, stressful experience. And often times mothers (me included) don't get 'let down' (aka release milk) with a pump. I used to pump for an hour and get 2 ounces. There is a reason breast milk is know an "liquid gold". Do you know how much babies eat? And also as mentioned many babies refuse bottles. On the occasion I had to leave my newborn son with someone else he would starve himself rather than eat from a bottle. It got to the point where my husband fed him with a medicine dropper. And that is not uncommon at all.

have you ever pumped? It is an awful, stressful experience. And often times mothers (me included) don't get 'let down' (aka release milk) with a pump. I used to pump for an hour and get 2 ounces. There is a reason breast milk is know an "liquid gold". Do you know how much babies eat? And also as mentioned many babies refuse bottles. On the occasion I had to leave my newborn son with someone else he would starve himself rather than eat from a bottle. It got to the point where my husband fed him with a medicine dropper. And that is not uncommon at all.

yes. yes i have. I did not find the experience awful at all. :eyebrows:

I have a son, I do know how much babies eat. our child would eat anything, anytime, anywhere, from anyone.

Zip it both of you. Misogynist I am not. I have no problem with women breast feeding at all in public, but what is a little strange to me is when a breast gets whipped out while in am getting ready to bite into my pretzel at the mall when there are several less crowded places to breast feed your child. I think smaller children and teens don't need a front row show either. A little modesty goes a long way. I don't really need pictures of it either.

Why? Babies eat too. Half the population has boobs and more than half has breast fed. Are you saying that you have more right to eat than a baby does? I'd rather see women nursing than some pathetic Parent stuffing their fat kids with more Mcdonalds. That grosses me out, that offends me. Some morbidly obese fat turd eating their third helping of general Tso chicken at the food court while washing it down with Cinnebon frosting is disgusting.

What bugs me about the whole thing is that who gives a **** if you are offended? Since when did being offended by something become a crime? If something offends me I change the channel, turn off the radio or look away. I don't turn around and form a hate group or write letters. If you aren't offended by something on a daily basis you are failing to expand your mind and grow as a person.

Runnah I love you :) You are awesome, and your wife? should be proud :)

Pumping is terrible. It is uncomfortable, and a pump will never remove the milk as well as baby can. I had over abundant supply issues early on and when the breast is not emptied well enough it can cause painful clogged milk ducts and even infection.

You can pretty much sit anywhere and BF while using a nursing cover that allows for your privacy. That is what I see most of the time and I am sure the baby is much less distracted as well. Right? I wouldn't want my breast hanging out for everyone to see even if it is a natural thing or not. I have enough people that I generally stop and talk to, so I can only imagine if I was not covered up how uncomfortable I would feel. Especially if it was one my previous patients. :blushing:

yes. yes i have. I did not find the experience awful at all. :eyebrows:

I have a son, I do know how much babies eat. our child would eat anything, anytime, anywhere, from anyone.

So does our 12 year old. I think we need to put a lock on the fridge.

You can pretty much sit anywhere and BF while using a nursing cover that allows for your privacy. That is what I see most of the time and I am sure the baby is much less distracted as well. Right? I wouldn't want my breast hanging out for everyone to see even if it is a natural thing or not. I have enough people that I generally stop and talk to, so I can only imagine if I was not covered up how uncomfortable I would feel. Especially if it was one my previous patients. :blushing:

My son ripped the cover off his head all the time.. most don't like it and even the super lightweight cotton cover I had my MIL make us had him dripping sweat all the time.

I'd thought this was your picture, even though it's in Chat so probably not for critique, but if I'm reading this right over 600 people have viewed it so far... for something that's viewable publicly or by a large number of people, there might be different comfort levels with it (including that of the subject). Obviously what's appropriate with friends or family might not be as appropriate in public where just about everyone is a stranger.

Ahhh...the old breastfeeding thread!! It's been awhile! lol
I'm going to let you in on a little secret...no one ever wins this debate. hehe :wink:
I breast fed and pumped w/ no issues. I personally never found the need to breastfeed in public, but hey to each their own, I guess. =)

If this thread had more boobies there'd be less fighting, just saying.

#ilikeboobies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back