Been away for a while - two for comment

With the subjects such as you have shown here, I would have gone for portrait mode and cropped them a little tighter. In the first one, the background is a bit distracting as well. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

While you were away, the description for the Beginner's forum was changed and the Beginner's forum is no longer a Gallery or C&C forum section.

This is NOT an actual gallery, but more of a place to ask questions and get feedback on technical issues. Use the TPF Galleries to show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement

Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique.

I agree #1 looks really odd in the horizontal format.

#2 works better horizontal, but that may be because some balance is provided by the intrusive, large watermark that hopefully would not be there if the photo was a print hanging on a wall. In which case it to would look odd as a horizontal framing.

Thanks KmH, didn't realize the rules had changed. :eek:

I cropped these to be used as HD wallpaper, and the watermarks actually aren't for protection, but rather as part of the image. I plan on doing a series of shots like this, each one representing a month of the year.

These are the original crops:

Winter is Leaving by adversus.us, on Flickr

Spring Is Coming by adversus.us, on Flickr

I agree that the photos should have been shot portrait. I think the second would look better with more of the flower shafts in background.

Most reactions

Back