Beer Anybody

...and please learn how to punctuate.

I love beer & liquor! However, it seems like your shots were taken on some random table... I think you should try to make it more interesting

Playing with new settings on your camera is always fun, next time figure out if you like shooting in that mode and then post your serious pictures for C&C not the test ones :) Most people post their pictures on here for critiquing and not just to show what they have been up to. You're new to the forum and you'll get it eventually, also take every opinion with a grain of salt, a lot of the members are very straight forward and blunt with there C&C's which takes some getting used to but all in all most members will post some very helpful information :) Oh and close up is called Macro, you can get specific lens's for that kind of photography.

I believe a light box/white surround would actually compliment the beers. Set them on a porcelain coaster that matches the beer and do it like a studio of sorts.

Grant if you read what I said you would see I was not trying to get anything here just messing about having fun point and shoot. seems like I offended you, you sounded quiet abrupt I had not set up for these photos at all but thank you for looking

You posted pictures asking what could be done to improve. I want to know what you want out of your photos so that I/We can help you achieve such. What is abrupt about my statement? Is it because I simply pointed out I didn't like the composition? It really shouldn't need a lot of words to say that. If I knew more, I would help. I admittedly don't know a lot about photography and especially photographing beer. Your photos are out of focus, I would work on that to begin with.

One suggestion I'd like to throw out there is that asking for setting suggestions for a specific picture is not exactly the right approach to take. It is a lot like the old saying, give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life. Learning how to use your camera is very similar to that. If we said: "turn x knob and set y to NUMBER", you'd have a solution for a picture, but you wouldn't know WHY you were doing that. If you want to learn to become a better photographer, the books mentioned here so far are very good.

Learning about composition will help you more than just for this specific picture, it will help you for every picture you take. Learning what each setting does, aperture, shutter, iso, will give you the tools to make all your pictures turn out the way you want. It sounds like you have very little preconceived ideas on what is the right way to do things, so you are a blank slate. Soak up the information before you try to get into specifics.

Ok I'm not going to pick up one reply from here as I think everybody has an opinion and all reply are good reply's and all very helpful I would like to thank you all for this I will next time put some of this into practice and see what happens and maybe after I will make a new post when I feel I have gotten better. @ GrantH it was just your final comment when you said ( Maybe I am wrong, anyone?) sounded to me you were so Peed off with what I had done you were almost yelling for somebody to agree with you rather then letting others make there own decisions but I should not have said that I don't know you nor do I know or understand your saying I guess its just what some people say I have a habit of saying ( YOU KNOW) at the end of my sentence but they may or may not know My DH has a habit of saying ( you understand what I'm saying) that also comes abrupt to me but I know him and I had no right of saying what I did I would like to take this chance to apologize to you I meant no hard feelings as I am sure neither did you. @ every body that replied to my post I thank each and every one of you I will be taking on board what you all have told me. @ Micmac LoL I also drink VB and Resch's Pilsener

I was merely asking if anyone had different opinions from what I had stated and admitting that I may have faulted in my response to your post. Pissed off and mad are denoted by CAPS LOCK LETTERS on forums. No one is mad until the CAPS LOCK comes on. I hope you do continue your quest for beer photography.

I was merely asking if anyone had different opinions from what I had stated and admitting that I may have faulted in my response to your post. Pissed off and mad are denoted by CAPS LOCK LETTERS on forums. No one is mad until the CAPS LOCK comes on. I hope you do continue your quest for beer photography.
yes I fully understand that and thank you for understanding and like I said everybody has an opinion and every body is entitled to there opinion I just took your comment the wrong way.

Oh and I will definitely continue my quest in photography even if I am a bit long in the tooth and a late starter but I don't think (well I hope) starting late in life should make any difference just not getting the experience up when younger but will get there

Most reactions

New Topics

Back