What's new

Beer?

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
9,713
Reaction score
204
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok inspired by all the beer threads here I thought I'd make my own. Beer that is not a photograph. It was good very good. I poured it and just then the light of the lord came out. As I threw the bottle away I knew I had to take a photo so I ran and assembled my crap. Got the camera back up snap. Look at the LCD pretty average photo:

1050046951_775a5483ea.jpg


Now I thought I could do better and went to pickup the glass to align it differently and for whatever reason the beer disappeared. I couldn't take a photo of an empty glass so I thought dammit, great opportunity missed. Felt strangely refreshed though :lol:
 
I like the color and the simplicity of the picture. Makes me thirsty!
 
i actually like it. clear, crisp, refreshing.
 
Mmmmmmmmmmm.....beeeeer!!! ;)

Nice and simple, good shot!
 
Hey sorry to rock another pic on your thread, but I thought of another simple beer and a simple shot
PBR.jpg
 
Now I thought I could do better and went to pickup the glass to align it differently and for whatever reason the beer disappeared. I couldn't take a photo of an empty glass so I thought dammit, great opportunity missed. Felt strangely refreshed though :lol:



hahahaha fill it up!!
 
... for whatever reason the beer disappeared. ...

It did :shock: !?!?!?

Oh dear!
Oh-dear-oh-dear!

The beer disappeared! Tsk-tsk-tsk.

But BEFORE, the "light of the lord" did magic things to your beer, made it shine in its best colour, made the handle of the glass sparkle, nice! All I am missing is a bit of fog on the glass (or dew or whatever you call it).
 
what make of beer was that ... which suddenly disappeared?
 
James Boags Premium. Best Australian beer there is, which as a European I admit doesn't say much. LaFoto it's cold at the moment since we're in winter so the glass doesn't fog up but rest assured I'll try THAT photo in 5 months :)

Guess it just goes to show how sometimes a nice photo can be made with no planning what so ever. It may not have a creative angle (which it could have had I not been very very thirsty) but sometimes the most magical lighting simply appears and you don't even need to leave your house.
 
lol ... I didn't want to muddy up the waters (so to speak) with diluting my broad brush statement, with an exclusion on micro brews ... I put micro brews in a different category. (and your partner there with the twin sets of upper teeth)
 
Yup Garbz...you´ve uncovered one of the old shooter´s best kept secrets there...the Photographer´s Other Tripod...I use them all the time...stable and taste great (as long as they don´t contain American or Australian beers that is)

Fire away...and c´mon guys, let´s see yer best beer shots. Post 'em here...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom