Before After

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just for fun. Giving my 17mm a workout for it's intended use.

recently did some renovations and wanted to document the difference.

Tons of mixed lighting in this room caused WB hell, but I think I evened it out enough that you can't really notice.

stairs_before_after
by Braineack, on Flickr

I think the WB is good, but those shadows are a bit assertive. FWIW: I like the warmer tones of the old wood.

Very nice but I absolutely hate painting and looks like you will be doing a bit more often now.

I hate the carpeting on our stairs, and would prefer the wooden stair treads, but my wife is concerned about falls (we don't bounce anymore, we go splat). Any concerns since you went to the wood?

I hate the carpeting on our stairs, and would prefer the wooden stair treads, but my wife is concerned about falls (we don't bounce anymore, we go splat). Any concerns since you went to the wood?

Your dog will not like it and may not be able to use the stairs.

I think the WB is good, but those shadows are a bit assertive. FWIW: I like the warmer tones of the old wood.

whole house is painted gray. the old oak floors really didn't match and were really yellow.

actually, somehow it's better. I cant really explain it. one thing we did was use squared-off slabs instead of rounded ones -- this alone helps prevent slipping. But my cats don't seem to really have issues and I don't feel anymore cautious in socks as I used to.

But do the cats like it ?

Against my wishes the wife went with prefinished hardwood in the great room. I wanted tile for passive heating from the windows. Over the years the hardwood has held up remarkably well, with the most wear being at the bottom of the stairs where they come off the carpet at FULL speed and do a four paw spin out/run in place for moment till they get going again. Using hardwood on the stairs might slow them down a little! LOL

I on the other hand have taken a couple of spills of late that have me a little leery now.

Very sharp. Nice design choice. Really looks inviting and clean. Nice work on the images. The squared off railing is a tasteful choice and adds wonderful line to the space.

I like your newer modern look.

Most reactions

Back