Begginer book recommendations?

Sugarr543

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have some beginner dslr book recommendations? I know someone mentioned Understanding Exposure but when I read the description it said
"For serious amateur photographers who already shoot perfectly focused, accurately exposed images but want to be more creative with a camera"

My problem seems to be getting accurately exposed images when I'm not in the auto mode; so I'm not sure if this would be the book for me.

I did find The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby that seemed like it might be a little more suited to me. Has anyone read this one? Or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Understanding Exposure I would definitely get it will solve the exact problem you have. It is not very advanced and explains things in simple language.

Does anyone have some beginner dslr book recommendations? I know someone mentioned Understanding Exposure but when I read the description it said
"For serious amateur photographers who already shoot perfectly focused, accurately exposed images but want to be more creative with a camera"

My problem seems to be getting accurately exposed images when I'm not in the auto mode; so I'm not sure if this would be the book for me.

I did find The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby that seemed like it might be a little more suited to me. Has anyone read this one? Or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

I've read " The Digital Photography Book " by Scott Kelby. It has alot of good tips in it but I would recommend starting with " Understanding Exposure" for the basics.

Another good one that I enjoyed is " Nature and Outdoor Photography" by Brenda Tharp.

I got so tired of reading people recommend Understanding Exposure that I bought a copy myself. Turns out it's one of the best Intro to Photography books out there. I highly recommend it to people getting into (or back into) photography.

Thanks everyone! I actually picked up both of them. I'm reading Understanding Exposure first, so far I really like it. :)

Understanding Exposure is ceratinly a good read. Another that I am having problems getting finished (not because of comprehension, rather it's time constraints, but intend to finish this week) is Light: Science and Magic.

Even if you don't intend to work with lighting devices immediately, it helps in understanding how to work light to your advantage as a photographer. One thing to keep in mind is that without light, you have no photograph.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back