Begginer book recommendations?

Sugarr543

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have some beginner dslr book recommendations? I know someone mentioned Understanding Exposure but when I read the description it said
"For serious amateur photographers who already shoot perfectly focused, accurately exposed images but want to be more creative with a camera"

My problem seems to be getting accurately exposed images when I'm not in the auto mode; so I'm not sure if this would be the book for me.

I did find The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby that seemed like it might be a little more suited to me. Has anyone read this one? Or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Coldow91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Understanding Exposure I would definitely get it will solve the exact problem you have. It is not very advanced and explains things in simple language.

Hill202

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have some beginner dslr book recommendations? I know someone mentioned Understanding Exposure but when I read the description it said
"For serious amateur photographers who already shoot perfectly focused, accurately exposed images but want to be more creative with a camera"

My problem seems to be getting accurately exposed images when I'm not in the auto mode; so I'm not sure if this would be the book for me.

I did find The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby that seemed like it might be a little more suited to me. Has anyone read this one? Or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

I've read " The Digital Photography Book " by Scott Kelby. It has alot of good tips in it but I would recommend starting with " Understanding Exposure" for the basics.

Another good one that I enjoyed is " Nature and Outdoor Photography" by Brenda Tharp.

I

Iron Flatline

I got so tired of reading people recommend Understanding Exposure that I bought a copy myself. Turns out it's one of the best Intro to Photography books out there. I highly recommend it to people getting into (or back into) photography.

OP
S

Sugarr543

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks everyone! I actually picked up both of them. I'm reading Understanding Exposure first, so far I really like it. :)

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Understanding Exposure is ceratinly a good read. Another that I am having problems getting finished (not because of comprehension, rather it's time constraints, but intend to finish this week) is Light: Science and Magic.

Even if you don't intend to work with lighting devices immediately, it helps in understanding how to work light to your advantage as a photographer. One thing to keep in mind is that without light, you have no photograph.

Most reactions

ClickASnap