Begining experimentation.

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

New here. New to dSLR. Not new to photography, but kind of rekindling an old love.

I am having a blast with my new Canon Xsi. I am playing around with RAW data, and post processing. Here is my first kinda proud moment. Looking for constructive criticism. I can take it!

3490013956_d7b055a67a_o.jpg

Any chance of posting a higher res. image? And also the Exif data? form the small image it seems like there is either noise or too much oversharpening in PP.

Great shot. I only wish it was a bit sharper.
Me too.

Any chance of posting a higher res. image? And also the Exif data? form the small image it seems like there is either noise or too much oversharpening in PP.

Yes.

The pic wasn't razor sharp to begin with, but the noise came from drastically changing the color curves that removed (darkened) the background, upping the brightness, upping the contrast, a little sharpening.

Here is the hi res original, which I think is quite bland.

And here is the hi res tweak.

exif (whats a good way to export this?)
exif.jpg

Camera was hand held

Nice work, especially with the transformation of the photo with your post processing!

now with the original I can clearly see it, you most likely have motion blur making it seem like the image was OOF. if you can you might try to reshoot this, if you get another chance like that, that is. Also I suggest on uploading to another host like flickr since photobucket reduces image quality.

Jaszek,I went out today after work to attempt a reshoot. *pfft* that hosta sprout already grew 3"s and has opened up LOL. I found another which I like even better than the first, except no water drops. Much better. I got a couple towels to wad up to support my arms more for a sharper shoot. Less PP too. I did use linear contrast, and then had to up the brightness a lot. I set Style to Neutral, WB to Cloudy. I did add a little unsharp mask but didn't overdo it I don't think. What I learned is I think I want a faster lense :D

3492617328_06c4cb8b8a_o.jpg

Camera Model Name: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Firmware: Firmware Version 1.0.9
Shooting Date/Time: 5/1/2009 05:04:25
Tv(Shutter Speed): 1/10Sec.
Av(Aperture Value): F10
Metering Modes: Spot
Exposure Compensation: 0
ISO Speed: 400
Lens: EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Focal Length: 49.0 mm
Image size: 4272 x 2848