Beginner, Canon T3 or upgrade?

That should make zero difference

I'd think about grabbing a wide angle lens as you don't seem to have anything below 50mm in your setup ehich makes it really quite restrictive on a crop sensor especially if you shoot landscapes. One of the 18-55mm f2.8 or a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 or a Canon 15-85mm.

And I just thought about this, when I bought my T3 it had been a display model at a store since it had came out, is that something I should take into consideration? I have had it for about 6 months and it was on display from the time it came out till I bought it.

DOH! In your op you state you've had the T3 for "quite a while". IMO six months does not constitute "quite a while" in camera ownership. Six years? Maybe. Six months? Not by a long shot. So what's changed that now you are even thinking about a new camera? Or, put another way, what is the camera no longer doing that you wanted six months ago? Even more to the point, what would you want now that you didn't want then? Was the T3 just a careless purchase made, possibly, due to cost considerations?

The constant jumping on and off and too suddenly back on again to the equipment merry go 'round is a familiar song in any electronics forum. You say you've been involved in photography since you were young. I would have assumed your prior experience gave you some idea what you should want/need/buy in a DSLR. Yet six months ago you saw the T3 as the answer to your wants and needs. Despite using the camera a good bit, six months won't wear out any camera. You have a couple of lenses - nothing wide angle though - and yet the camera body is what's bothering you? Why?

thanks weepete I will look into a wide angle lens.

Don't get me wrong I love my T3, i just wasn't sure if since as technology goes anymore things get outdated so fast if it would be something to consider as well as lens. Up untill I got my T3 all I used was a SLR and 2 lens since money was always tight so the whole digital aspect was fairly new to me ans when I seen the T3 i fell in love with it even though it was not " the best" and i honestly had no idea about some of canons other models, mostly the rebels.

I am not going to upgrade it it was just something that crossed my mind is all :)

thanks weepete I will look into a wide angle lens.

Don't get me wrong I love my T3, i just wasn't sure if since as technology goes anymore things get outdated so fast if it would be something to consider as well as lens. Up untill I got my T3 all I used was a SLR and 2 lens since money was always tight so the whole digital aspect was fairly new to me ans when I seen the T3 i fell in love with it even though it was not " the best" and i honestly had no idea about some of canons other models, mostly the rebels.

I am not going to upgrade it it was just something that crossed my mind is all :)

upgrading the lens will probably give you the best "bang for the buck" but the better lens are more expensive

Most reactions

New Topics

Back