Beginner Looking for critique :)

Thank you all who replied, this was just what i needed. one question, what does OP mean? Also I dont really understand the composition problem that cgipson1 suggested about the subject being in the middle. I've seen photographs where the subject is dead center and photographers think it's amazing. Sorry if that kind of sounded stupid, but I am a beginner.

Sometimes centering works. It's best to learn why it does and when it doesn't and use it when you feel it works best. That's much better than centering a subject because others have, and remain ignorant about the whole affair.

STUDY THE THEORIES OF COMPOSITION!

Thank you all who replied, this was just what i needed. one question, what does OP mean? Also I dont really understand the composition problem that cgipson1 suggested about the subject being in the middle. I've seen photographs where the subject is dead center and photographers think it's amazing. Sorry if that kind of sounded stupid, but I am a beginner.

OP is "Original Poster"! Google the "rule of thirds" in photography or art. Most photos that have the subject dead center are snapshots... not given any real thought as far as composition goes (the kind your Aunt Tilly does with her point and shoot). The typical exceptions are portraiture and macro work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back