Beginner looking for critique

1.jpg

The one with the plane and skyline is THE photo.
The first two, although undoubtedly nice, simply do not have enough to stand for.
Keep shooting! :)

The one with the plane and skyline is THE photo.
The first two, although undoubtedly nice, simply do not have enough to stand for.
Keep shooting! :)

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to check them out!

New batch for review :)

Attachments

• ProShot_20180929_123132-01.jpg
    ProShot_20180929_123132-01.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 79
  • ProShot_20181004_174722-01.jpg
    ProShot_20181004_174722-01.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ProShot_20181006_181434-01.jpg
    ProShot_20181006_181434-01.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 86

I like the beach shot. The bee could be lit better but you typically take what nature gives you. The leaf shows you know how to operate your camera well but, personally, I don't find it interesting. And "interesting" is nebulous and hard to define, I just know it when I see it.

And while I understand your desire for feedback, what do you think?

I like the beach shot. The bee could be lit better but you typically take what nature gives you. The leaf shows you know how to operate your camera well but, personally, I don't find it interesting. And "interesting" is nebulous and hard to define, I just know it when I see it.

And while I understand your desire for feedback, what do you think?

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I think the bee could've used some more light or at least give it a bit more attention in post. Otherwise it's very close to be boring, colour wise.
The beach one, I think I could've focused better on the shell and make the colours a bit toned down.
For the leaf, I had high hopes when I first saw it on my preview display but then I realized it misses something. Maybe it's that X ingredient you're talking about.

Always room to improve and all the feedback is helping me a lot.

Actually found some parts of all of them interesting, but would suggest limiting future requests to no more then 3 or 4 at a time and putting them on separate posts. It makes it easier to view and comment. IMO adding new images to an existing thread results in fewer views and comments.

The first one is really cool, nicely done. I also like the one of the rock in the mist and clouds. Those are the ones I want to go back and look at (which for me says they're somewhat unique and well done, enough for a second look).

The first one is really cool, nicely done. I also like the one of the rock in the mist and clouds. Those are the ones I want to go back and look at (which for me says they're somewhat unique and well done, enough for a second look).

Thank you!

Most reactions

Back