Beginner needs help!

OP has great equipment, just doesn't know what kind of lens to use.

Because that is something a photographer learns, in time...

These guys come here with an attitude, asking ridiculous questions for one opening a business, then get insulted when someone answers their question honestly, telling them that they are nowhere even close to ready to being a professional photographer.

Somehow, methinks that a professional photographer would know what equipment to use in almost any situation, because they have experience and they know their craft and their equipment.

QUESTION WAS

best lens to use with newborn shots.
& I have about 10 lens.

Nina yes there is an ignore! Hey I would like to know more about the Art Institute I looked into them but never went forward. My DH deployed today so that will give me somthing to do to pass the time.

Nina yes there is an ignore! Hey I would like to know more about the Art Institute I looked into them but never went forward. My DH deployed today so that will give me somthing to do to pass the time.

I just used the ignore feature. Things look a lot better now :thumbup:

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts - Military OneSource

Go there...
make an account, when you pick a school sign up for NYIP - Photography | Photography School | New York Institute of Photography | NYIP

I couldn't figure out how to create a plan.. so after i registered for the school, I called the mycaa and they bascially helped me set up everything

QUESTION WAS

best lens to use with newborn shots.
& I have about 10 lens.

Why do you need so many lens?

And hands down, the best lens for a newborn would be a Lens Baby.

I've seen others talk about the lensbaby, but I don't know anything about it. Is it an attachment to the lens or is it an actually lens? Looks like it has a nice soft bokeh effect. Do you shoot with one?

Last edited:
if you knew your photography.. you'd know about lens.

D60 & D40X ... some are not compatible with both

Well, if you knew your photography, you'd know which lens to use for photography of newborns, wouldtcha?

Nina im so excited! Thanks for the info im gonna check it tomorrow.

I've seen others talk about the lensbaby, but I don't know anything about it. Is it an attachment to the lense or is it an actually lense? Looks like it has a nice soft bokeh effect. Do you shoot with one?

They are lenses. I have not shot any of the lens babies, but I am looking into it. They are pretty specialized.

Nina im so excited! Thanks for the info im gonna check it tomorrow.

:) Glad I could help! Its even an at home learning thing.. they send you all kinds of disk. But you are also graded and such

I've heard plenty of people say good stuff about it

A lensbaby is a lens you use to shoot babies with, with a Baby Nikon camera body.

Yeah, right!

Ever hear of Ali Baba and the Magic Lantern Guide?

This thread is insane....lol

Well while I have no lens advice. I would say that the music you are using on your site could get you in trouble, unless of course you got permission to use it from the recoding company. Well in truth any quality lens will do the job. It is a matter of knowing how to use it to get what you want out of it.
My suggestion is you fully learn the craft and, then go into business but, in this modern era that concept seems to have disappeared. I have learned myself but, I have been shooting since I was 9 and that was back in the 60s and, truth be known Im still learning. Also I must ask are you shooting in RAW/NEF because that is the way you need to shoot, to get the most in post processing.
And I will be another to say good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back