beginner photographer questions

It's probably best to consult your CPA and/or local certified tax person vs listening to someone's tax advice over the internet.... but that's just me. :)

Not allowed but not really enforced either. You're not allowed to mow your neighbors lawn on occassion or have a lemonade stand.

Hi everyone,
I live in Utah, and I have a few questions for someone that might be able to help me. But first a little bit about myself.
I have always appreciated a good picture, and have always owned a camera, but have always shot in auto mode.
I have been self teaching myself and have practicing a lot to shoot in manual mode.
I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys, my husband is the bread winner, and I am thankful that I can stay at home and be able to raise my kids, but I would love to take portrait photography as a hobby.
So, I was wanting to ask you guys this.
can I/is it allowed for me to get some clients, and take their pictures and put a watermark on them without me getting a business license, registering a name and pay for taxes?
I would really appreciate your input on this. thanks.
You sound like a good guy. Sounds like you work hard and study. Please know you will pay, should pay around %35 percent in taxes. If you do things right, you need a few thousand in equipment, and then deduct for work expenses. Good luck with all you do.

Most reactions

Back