TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_0053.jpg

IMG%5D

DSC_0048.jpg

IMG%5D

DSC_0017.jpg

IMG%5D

And for the next I would like to know what I am doing wrong with the shot. Its not very appealing and not very contrasting, and also unfocused. It was shot at f/8 and 1/40 seconds. Is it just that im stupid and had it focused at the sky so the trees weren't in focus?

I know its not an interesting shot but...

DSC_0304.jpg

IMG%5D

I wanted something more like this (This pic is after sharpening and contrast boost. Sorry that I forgot to crop the edges.)

DSC_0305.jpg

IMG%5D

Good job and welcome!

In #4 it looks like its out of focus because your shutter speed is too low and your getting resulting "camera shake".

You have to open up the aperture or switch to a higher ISO to get a faster shutter speed and that will help cure the camera shake. Open it up to a f/3.5 for example will give you a higher shutter speed.

Contrast is something that can't easily be controlled in overcast days. Post processing is the way to go. Unfortunately the shutter speed of 1/40th is way to slow for your 50mm focal length without a tripod. It should be 1/75th at least.

I love number 2. Excellent use of negative space.

Oh, ok, i just thought 1/40 was fast enough. And thanks for the welcome and compliments

The general rule is 1/(actual 35mm length). The D70 has a 1.5x crop factor so for you it would have been 1/(1.5*51) or 1/76th. This is just a rule of thumb though. If you have a VR lens the rule goes out the window. It also doesn't apply if you can brace yourself against a tree of come up with other creative solutions to prevent you shaking the camera. It also doesn't apply if you have Parkinsons.

i love how the feet are just barley in shot 2, its gives it a great feel.
on 3 seems like way too much green for me, a tigher crop maybe?

all in all keep shooting :)

i love how the feet are just barley in shot 2, its gives it a great feel.
on 3 seems like way too much green for me, a tigher crop maybe?

all in all keep shooting :)

At first I thought the same thing about #2, but I like it because of the scale factor that it has. Makes the child look like they are exploring a huge world! :mrgreen:

Nr 1 will be awsome, when you make a much tighter crop of the girl and give it a bit more contrast. Same goes for nr 3 but Nr 1 is my fav.

Nr 2 is very nice but needs a bit more warmth in the colours.

Nr 4 is not working for me and it is very out of focus. I'd delete that one but it might have a personal feeling to you...

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the comments.

And lol no #4 was there just so i could ask the question

Most reactions

Back