Beginner to Photography

This thread is a great illustration of "personal opinion". Also illustrates that there area as many opinions as there are people. Hopefully the OP will gain insight into his photography and understand that whatever he does may be good to some folks and bad for others.
Unfortunately some folks mistake their own personal opinion for the absolutely perfect correct answer and that just ain't so.

Pardon me, but you as well as Mr. Traveler have given me undue hostility after I voiced my opinion on the quality of the photographic blog that was posted on this thread. After all, it is what the boy asked us to do when he started the thread and I obliged. You all have ridiculed my posts, perhaps because I am an old fashioned gentleman who enjoys the qualities of the olden days of photography. It appears that this sort of thing is met with resentment.

First, the OP isn't a 'boy'. That's condescension.
Secondly to hide behind your persona as an old-fashioned person using language that might have been appropriate in 1840's is troll-ish.
Continuing to act is just passive aggressive.
Speak plainly, act your age and generation, stop trying to hide behind pretentious verbiage and the identity of someone who died almost 200 years ago.

Your behavior might have been accepted if you had actually been helpful instead of just negative and pompously at that.

I take it that your posts are supposed to be some type of tongue in cheek trolling and that's your choice for your own threads but don't take that tact on someone else's thread, especially someone new to the site who may be discouraged from posting further by your asshattery.

Pardon me, but you as well as Mr. Traveler have given me undue hostility after I voiced my opinion on the quality of the photographic blog that was posted on this thread. After all, it is what the boy asked us to do when he started the thread and I obliged. You all have ridiculed my posts, perhaps because I am an old fashioned gentleman who enjoys the qualities of the olden days of photography. It appears that this sort of thing is met with resentment.

Definition of gentleman in English:

gentleman

NOUN
  • 1A chivalrous, courteous, or honorable man.

‘he behaved like a perfect gentleman’
    1. 1.1A man of good social position, especially one of wealth and leisure.

2. 1.2(in the UK) a man of noble birth attached to a royal household.
  • 2A polite or formal way of referring to a man.

‘opposite her an old gentleman sat reading’
    1. 2.1Used as a polite form of address to a group of men.
      ‘“Can I help you, gentlemen?”’

2. 2.2Used as a courteous designation for a male fellow member of the US House of Representatives.
Origin
Middle English (in the sense man of noble birth): from gentle + man, translating Old French gentilz hom. In later use the term denoted a man of a good family (especially one entitled to a coat of arms) but not of the nobility.

Pronunciation:
gentleman
/ˈjen(t)lmən/

Since you do not meet your own criteria, as the old song goes: well it's One, Two, Three strikes you're out at the old ball game.

Secondly to hide behind your persona as an old-fashioned person using language that might have been appropriate in 1840's is troll-ish.
Speak plainly, act your age and generation, stop trying to hide behind pretentious verbiage and the identity of someone who died almost 200 years ago.

Your behavior might have been accepted if you had actually been helpful instead of just negative and pompously at that.

I've had enough of you, Mr. Traveler. I will not stand to listen any further to your puritanical lectures and rigid definitions of "appropriateness" based on your personal beliefs and morals. In regard to "speaking plainly" and "acting your generation," let me assure you that I will not be subjugated to the will of an internet bully such as yourself who insists on imposing language guidelines onto others. The original subject matter involved the critique of photographs posted here, and not my personality or choice of words. You sir, have strayed a bit too far from the willow tree.

Welcome to my Ignore list.

I've had enough of you, Mr. Traveler. I will not stand to listen any further to your puritanical lectures and rigid definitions of "appropriateness" based on your personal beliefs and morals. In regard to "speaking plainly" and "acting your generation," let me assure you that I will not be subjugated to the will of an internet bully such as yourself who insists on imposing language guidelines onto others. The original subject matter involved the critique of photographs posted here, and not my personality or choice of words. You sir, have strayed a bit too far from the willow tree.
53631966.jpg

Out of curiosity, Mr. Franklin, when you enter a new room or dwelling, how do you announce yourself?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back