Beginner

nycphotography said:
GRIMM, "Basic Book of Digital Photography".

Under $20.

Buy it. Read it... and work through it carefully. Make "assignments" for yourself after each chapter to practice what you just read.

(Trust me... that book was originally written for film SLRs and it's the best I've found for getting people over the initial "Exposure, Focus, DOF, and Composition" hump.)

Thank you for your advice.

Mully said:
Read the manual ....few chapters then go shoot something and see if it is working, keep doing this so that when you pick up your camera it becomes second nature to you and from there you will progress. There are a lot of functions but go for the basics

Thank you for the advice.

KmH said:
I also highly recommend learning the fundamentals presented here - Digital Photography Tutorials

Have your camera at hand when you read the user's manual.

Take the user's manual with you to read when spend time in the throne room. Pick sections of the manual you have not yet read, or just skimmed over previously.

Thank you. :)

Hi

congrats on your camera
shoot as many pictures as you can of different things around you
take multiple shoots of same thing with different aperture and shutter Iso settings at the day end review your images and you will see how quickly you understand the camera and how you can improve.

Congrats again

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...take it throw it in a pond and buy a canon. ;)

Kidding. On a serious note, have fun with it. Like everyone else said, read the manual, learn what every little thing means...(how exposure works, what happens when you change iso vs shutter speed vs aperture)
play with it more than reading the manual though, im a hands on learner, I have to touch things to figure them out.

Most important. Have fun.

sunnygdr said:
Hi

congrats on your camera
shoot as many pictures as you can of different things around you
take multiple shoots of same thing with different aperture and shutter Iso settings at the day end review your images and you will see how quickly you understand the camera and how you can improve.

Congrats again

Thank you.

Justman1020 said:
Ok...take it throw it in a pond and buy a canon. ;)

Kidding. On a serious note, have fun with it. Like everyone else said, read the manual, learn what every little thing means...(how exposure works, what happens when you change iso vs shutter speed vs aperture)
play with it more than reading the manual though, im a hands on learner, I have to touch things to figure them out.

Most important. Have fun.

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back