Beginner

Eddie_Shanahan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I'm Eddie and I'm a fairly recent beginner to photography(getting into it during 2018 and buying a camera in early 2020). I use a Lumix-Panasonic-DMC-ZS50 for most of my photography but have to use my Samsung for macrophotography of insects or arthropods. Mainly I think composition and exposure are where I intend to improve, especially with composition since I'm such a newbie. However, I definitely need to get better at using manual focuses for getting closer pictures as well. I do exclusively nature photography since it aligns with my chosen career of biology(currently doing my major in Biology) and I find it quite enjoyable. I never really learned with any technical classes and did most of my experimenting in random forests I came across along with the Virginia Living Museum which I worked at for some time. This is probably why my composition ability is pretty lackluster. Hopefully I can get better at these things over the next few years, but here are four recent photographs showing some of the work I do.

Attachments

• Po3.jpg
    Po3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Po2.jpg
    Po2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Po4.jpg
    Po4.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Po7.jpg
    Po7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 69
Hello and welcome to TPF.

Nice to have you here

Welcome to TPF! We're happy to have you join us.

Nice set of images. I hope you check out the Photo Galleries, and post your work there, too! It's a great way to get to know everyone, and get some feedback.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Jola, and welcome.
First off, you definitely have the right idea and the foundations for some great work!

Your starting off int he right direction.
Each aspect will require specific technical knowledge and a little ingenuity.

DO NOT TRY TO EAT AN ELEPHANT IN ONE BITE!

Ergo; Don't take all on at once.

Eventually in the field of biology you will want to play with macro, understand lighting, backgrounds, lens types, etc.

But it all comes one step at a time and what ever you do, DONT CHASE MEGAPIXLES, nor think the latest and greatest hardware is better than anything else.
It YOU and how YOU take the shots!

Ask questions! Then ask again.

Then ask more questions and seek out people to ask questions to.

Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back