Beginner's Critique - Pass it on

beautiful shot!
I wish I was quick enough to get birds in flight like that. I love how the birds' colors blends in with the background color. I'm a beginner so I don't what I would critique about your photo, thumbs up! =]

my shot:
2537261116_45f5d740f9_b.jpg

Venice Beach Pier, CA

i like it =] the colors look a little plain and it could be sharper, and maybe crop off a little of the sky. heres mine
2008_0701blondie0011.jpg

2008_0421blondie0037.JPG

What is that????
Whatever it is, it is oddly beautiful.
There is something off about it, but I'm not sure I know enough to state exactly what it is.
Did you sharpen it too much, maybe? It appears maybe a little noisy and out of focus. I know, of course, it's out of focus in some places, but it's noisy.
Other than that it's GREAT, imo!:mrgreen:

2630185885_16a31c0e6d.jpg

very nice, and clear, maybe not cropped so tight at the top and tone down the saturation a bit on the greens

here is mine..my second trip out with my camera to the conservatory of flowers

img_09832.jpg

Man, how can I follow that one? This is a beginner thread? I love the composition and color, the only thing I can muster up is possibly cropping a tad closer? Hey- I had to come up with someting

NF-220.jpg

i think its called a passion flower? not sure though.. there extremely rare and only bloom in certain conditions

Where are you from? Passion flowers grow well here in Oklahoma. My dh has a friend who has these passion flowers all over his fence and they bloom like mad.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/member.php?u=31809mamarazzi_hrd, very interesting shot! If someone were to just glance at it from a distance, it looks like snow covered mountains. But, once you look a little more carefully, it is quite evident that they are rocks and the water gives it a nice element while the sand blends in with the rest of your soft shot. Where was this taken?

this is fun. my photo:
2537237248_093748413e_b.jpg

Venice Beach, CA (again)

How do you insert pictures? Or is the only way to upload to some photo account?

Ok, lets try this again....
Umm as for critiquing, I'm really new so I'm unsure of terms and definitions about what looks good and what could be improved on. I like the shot however, I feel the left edge *car could've been cropped out?

Here's mine:

canefield1.jpg

Gordonvale, QLD Australia

Last edited:
I'm a noob too, but I'll give it a shot. I like the compostion, but I think it's a little light and needs a tad more color.

This is my first time posting. Here's one of my daughter at the park climbing up the slide.

LBriOrangePRINTWeb.jpg

alby - it was taken at Shell Island in Panama City Beach, Florida. It was so cool how the water was coming in between the rocks, the bay/ocean is just on the other side of those rocks.......it was a beautiful place!

Dreadgirl2, nice picture! Her eyes are beautiful. definitely worthy of framing and putting on top of the mantle =]

my photo:
2532130424_9a1c019303_b.jpg

i like how you captured the water in this picture, sometimes can be tricky to get it to turn out well but looks like you pulled it off! Good Job!!

DSC00424.jpg

this is a picture i took on my first day shooting with my camera!
saranwrap82

Last edited:
Ya! I also loveee water pictures and sometimes they can be really hard to do. I also really like the out of focus bench in the background!

Here's my contribution:
DSC_0034.jpg

i like how you captured the water in this picture, sometimes can be tricky to get it to turn out well but looks like you pulled it off! Good Job!!

DSC00424.jpg

this is a picture i took on my first day shooting with my camera!
saranwrap82

I really like this shot. Three very distracting things for me, though: The pole going diagonally through the picture, the cable wire on the right, and the sign that is between the pole and the cable.
If there was a way to remove those, I think it'd be a great(er) shot!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back