Beginner's Portrait shot C & C welcome

Mazzarooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, This is a shot of my eldest daughter, I have used PS to do a little editing. I would be grateful for constructive comments to help me improve.

284f.jpg

Thanks

Very cute!

Only tip would be the shadow left around her where you tried to whiten the background. I would start with the original and re-do your pp. Select the area around her and refine the edge to be smooth, close up and feathered. Then brighten the area. Not too much though. Then play with the lighting levels until you can brighten and lighten your daughter to how you want her...the background should fade off even more. Also, I think cropping the photo works better. Less blank white space IMO.

Here is a quick edit I did using the photo you posted. See how the shadow around her is less noticeable?

4455392926_1364ecb21b.jpg

amazing what some good clean simple pp can do. Lovely image that was lackluster. With this re-edit it is very nice. To the OP. Play around with editing and try to duplicate those results....that should help you learn a lot if nothing else.

Very cute!

Only tip would be the shadow left around her where you tried to whiten the background. I would start with the original and re-do your pp. Select the area around her and refine the edge to be smooth, close up and feathered. Then brighten the area. Not too much though. Then play with the lighting levels until you can brighten and lighten your daughter to how you want her...the background should fade off even more. Also, I think cropping the photo works better. Less blank white space IMO.

Here is a quick edit I did using the photo you posted. See how the shadow around her is less noticeable?

4455392926_1364ecb21b.jpg
Many thanks for that, I will have a play and see what I can do. I am trying to teach myself PS so any help is much appreciated. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back